Wanted: Receiver hitch

Big Red 05RC

Reaction score
I'm looking for a receiver hitch to install on my 05RC. I'm going to do some kart racing and need to tow a small trailer. Does anyone have a hitch off a crew cab they'd sell me? If not where can I get a hitch? Do the dealers sell them? Thanks!

ask for the bolt on hitch reciever ,,if you get the fullsize hitch you have to unbolt the truck bed to install it,,

Ironhead said:
ask for the bolt on hitch reciever ,,if you get the fullsize hitch you have to unbolt the truck bed to install it,,

Now that is a great piece of knowledge!

Thanks Ironhead.

I had mine installed by the Dodge dealer and put in the wiring as well....very quality job, by Belvidere Dodge

Pastohio said:
I had mine installed by the Dodge dealer and put in the wiring as well....very quality job, by Belvidere Dodge
Um.... the wiring is all ready there, you just have to unclip it and pull it down.

Ironhead said:

I think there is some room to play with on this. But for sure the bolts have to be loosened. Regardless a lot of work for something that should be easy. I found this out on the Cummins.

Can you believe Dodge didnt have a reciever hitch standard on a cummins? That's right. My truck did not have a hitch on it. Towing mirrors yes.......hitch NO.:mad:

BIGRED460....not sure what you mean that "the wiring is there, cut it and pull it down" yea, the wiring is there to the taillights BUT the plug you want installed rather 4 blade or 7 pin has to be installed and placed....I don't think they had to unbolt my box....they did have to take out the spare and replace it later, but I am told it is a rather easy install once you either do one or see one already installed...the Dodge hitch is very nice and fits cleanly up and under the bumper and definitely looks like it came from the factory, also has one of the higher tow ratings...my hitch even came with the black rubber plug with the ram's head on it...just my $.02

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back