Wanted to help...

ntw0rk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, So I wanted to share with all of you, a way that I have found to give some of what I have to people who need it more than I do. (And yes, I am talking about money)

I found over the holidays that I had an urge to give. I have a lot to be thankful for in my life, (despite not having a yob) and I wanted a way to feel good by giving to someone in need. I was stumbling through the channels the other night, and I came across GPB (Ga Public Broadcasting) and I normally don't stop there, but something told me to wait. It only took a few minutes before my wife and I decided this was something we wanted to do.

There is an organization called KIVA, and they supply very low interest loans to people from around the world to help with their small (Sometimes referred to as Micro) businesses. Here's the twist, the loans are 100% funded by people like you and me! So, I was the last funder of a small loan for a group of ladies in Uganda so that they can buy some piglets for their business. When the loan is repaid, I can either get my money back, or just "move" it to someone else that is asking for a loan.

So far, KIVA entrepreneurs have a100% repayment rate! Meaning, no one has defaulted on a loan yet!! (I don't think there is a bank in the world that could say that!) And, even if there is a default, my money is tax deductable as a contribution! Beautiful ain't it!?!?!

So, if anyone else is interested in helping too, the website is: www.kiva.org

Read up on it, it's really a neat way to help!!

That is awesome bro. It is people like you that make the world a better place to live in.:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

The story of how this concept started is in the first chapter of Covey's book The Eighth Habit of Highly Effective People...

Great post Scott.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back