Warranty and tranny fluid question...

BDR SRT-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only had the 3yr./36,000 mile warranty on the truck when I purchased it used... The 3 year part has expired now so my question is, and I think I know the answer here, but just wanna make sure: Since it has expired I suppose it will not matter what type of tranny fluid I use even if the tranny messes up or is damaged right?? They're not gonna warranty it anyways I'd imagine??

Or will it matter on down the line a bit if something does happen to foul up the tranny and I'd take it in for 'em to look at and they say they would've covered it, but I used the wrong fluid?

Basically, should I keep using the OEM fluid as a "CYA policy" for my tranny in the event of a breakdown??

My post-3/36K plan is this:
- Use [insert favorite transmission fluid here] at regularly scheduled intervals (about every 12K miles).
- If there are non-transmission related problems and yet want to inspect the transmission, I will re-fill with the OEM fluid before dropping off the truck.

If they want to get all CSI and blow thousands of dollars testing the transmission fluid, so be it.
:D

all I can say is the stock fluid sux with a capital ux!!

If ya worried stay stock, but havent heard of very many manual tranny issues

Well you didn't say if you have auto or 6 speed? If it's a six speed, change it out to Re dline or Mopar ATF Synthetic. You will be glad you did!!:rock:

Ok just curious as to the whole warranty thing and what it really covers... Yeah I'm def. gonna change the stuff out ASAP!!

BTW, it's an '04... hence outta warranty after 3yrs. :p :p :elefant: :D

lol thanks guys!!! :)

When I changed my clutch a few weeks ago Boomer put in Royal Purple and it has made a huge positive difference. I have used Mobil 1 ATF for the past two changes (every three thousand, because I am bored)...a lot less noise, and the shifting has become much lighter and smoother.

does royal purple make the atf+4 for the auto tranny's?

Marc T said:
Well you didn't say if you have auto or 6 speed? If it's a six speed, change it out to Redline or Mopar ATF Synthetic. You will be glad you did!!:rock:
agreed........ shifts smoother than new & no noise !!!!:rock:

Prof said:
When I changed my clutch a few weeks ago Boomer put in Royal Purple and it has made a huge positive difference. I have used Mobil 1 ATF for the past two changes (every three thousand, because I am bored)...a lot less noise, and the shifting has become much lighter and smoother.

Do you know if he used 75w90 max gear or the synchromax?

Don't know...maybe he will post up...or call Marty at X-Metal...he will know.

Just spoke with Gary, man what a nice guy. Anywho he said to use 70w90 Max Grear.

Royal Purple rocks! :rock: :rock: :rock: I went with the Synchromax in mine since it meets the Tremec ATF specs for the T56. I have got about 2000 miles on the trans since I changed it and it shifts smooth. Not one problem.

-Muzzy

So basically anything other than stock, you do not have to necessarily add in the friction modifier stuff in the tranny?? I've used the GM Synchromesh FM before with great results and am thinking of going with that again in the truck...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back