Water Pump

trussman

Reaction score
Pretty sure I need a water pump. Balancer and all pulleys have recently been replaced but still getting an occasional light squeal. Also, coolant level is down. I've checked locally and nobody can get one. Rock auto requires you to send yours in for it to be rebuilt. Haven't called dealer yet bc I was gonna try our vendors here before that. Has anyone needed to replace theirs yet?

Let me know if you can't get one.

Let me know if you can't get one.
If you dont mind checking I'd rather go through you than my local dealership. They've not been real honest with me and the past so I would prefer to keep my business elsewhere lol.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Honestly I only put factory pumps back in. Believe it's around $200 with gasket boss. Then the ride to ya.
Now.....coincidence or not, the few pumps I have replaced were in sub 20k Mile trucks. I think from the bearing sitting so long in one place during storage. Many high mileage trucks...including my own,have never had a replacement. :dontknow:

Are your temps consistent or fluctuating? What temp? I know you know plenty about cooling but check the little weep hole under pump. Good sign if it's culprit. Also remove belt and spin everything. Don't overlook simple things like cap and TStat.

Temps are fine. T-stat is fairly new fail safe as well. Just the low coolant and the small squeal. I have 76k on her but she sits weeks on end these days so prolly a bearing in pump.

120K miles and original pump. I get a horrible squeal when the belt get wet. Dried out and all is well. :dontknow: Wet belt with air off and no squeal. :dontknow::dontknow:

damn... talk about cooling system issues this spring. thats what, 3 of us having issues? lol

No wet belt here. It'll do it straight of garage. Pretty sure it's a product of too much sitting the last few months. Working from home puts less miles on thesr beasts.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back