Weekend towing with RC 10

ViperTruck05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about installing a hitch on my '05 RC 10 an using it to pull my other toy to the track on weekends....could drive car there...but want to make sure it gets home :). I would be towing a dual axle trailer with electric brakes loaded with my 2800lb VW GTI. Will the truck handle this without killing it? So recap....weekend and nice weather toy towing other weekend and nice weather toy.

Clutch is the weak link.
I towed my boat for 3 years with no issues. Just don't go crazy taking of from lights.

let the truck drive... don't slip the clutch, downshift when you're supposed to...

i've been pulling trailers since i started driving and bought my truck to haul my enclosed... that was 100k miles ago, and i got 95k miles on the original clutch;)

Sorry for the dumb question...but whats the stock receiver? I have a hemi btw

The receiver is the part of the firearm that houses the operating parts. On a bolt action rifle, for example, the receiver is the piece that the bolt slides into.

Hope this helps,
-Chris :D

LOL.....^^^

the receiver hitch... rated in classes from 1-5... i believe class 3-5 uses a 2" square hole that "receives" the actual hitch... where the class 1 and 2 use a 1 1/2"

Lol I thought he was talking to me about something transmission related....opps guess he was talking tothe op.
Not a 10 but I tow a lot.....daily is the 6000# white trailer

Last edited:
You should have no problem at all, i pulled my boat behind my rumble bee for about 6 years with no problems! and i use mt 10 to do the same thing!! these are trucks ya know! most come with hitches from the factory!

All summer long with no problems!

Attachments

• user12842_pic1419_1326123174.jpg
    user12842_pic1419_1326123174.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 46
Back