We're in!

V10ToGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the highly collectible nature of some of the cars at Barrett-Jackson:
"The cars that end up being worth the most as collectibles generally have three things in common, said Larry Batton, president of the Auto Appraisal Group, a company that estimates automobile values.

"They would have been expensive, fast and impractical,
" he said.

Hey - sounds like my truck! And yours...

V10ToGo said:
Speaking of the highly collectible nature of some of the cars at Barrett-Jackson:
"The cars that end up being worth the most as collectibles generally have three things in common, said Larry Batton, president of the Auto Appraisal Group, a company that estimates automobile values.

"They would have been expensive, fast and impractical,
" he said.

Hey - sounds like my truck! And yours...
have to agree wit you there.

Ya, I've been keeping tabs on that auction........The prices are nuts......Way, WAY too much money being paid for Camaros, Cudas and their ilk..... Sorry to be repetative, but it's just fkn nuts.......

SD

Stinker said:
especially when most are clones:dontknow:

Very true. I know I wouldn't pay some of those prices.

I really think a lot of it is that they are one TV and it turns into a feeding frenzy. Each trying to out do the other for their 15 seconds of TV time.

Saw an ad on TV - supposedly a rare '71 426 Hemi Cuda Convertible (one of only 11 made) is expected to bring upwards of $5million. Unreal!!!

It is always insane but the thing is the rich guy aint no way going to show up at your door step and buy something out the Thrifty-Nickle .They buy at reputable auction houses and brokers . They pay more but money is not revelant to some and 200k is like you going out for a 6-pak . The B-J auctions are exclusive to a point in that you cant just show up and sell your car it has to pass thier inspection or be invited . Plus with no reserves you better hope you have some quality but then buyers are counting on no junk cross the line so they bid accordingly. Some rare cars are bought for investment as unless the economy totally unravels they should not loose value . The last Hemi Cuda I saw go went for 1.7 mil and I think there are only 6 or 7 documented left so it's worth what ever it takes to own one ,if you really want it and money is no object . As for the rest of us po folk most of us would be thrilled to own a clone <VBG>
Now the part that does slay me is the dumb richey rich could walk in my shop have the same car if not better built for the same or less money and to his specs and colors and on that part I dont have a clue . If I DID I would be building a lot of cars for um
Now as for ours I'm sure if you do like a few in here and store the truck till ,,o say till 2042 it will be a rare classic , now will there be a market for it at that point ,,your guess is as good as mine on that . Maybe gas will be unubtainable and they will just become yard art or homeless shelters <G>
Have A Kind Day
Mike

I think you are spot here Mike. I think they have built this exclusive status club and the rich phocks all want and enjoy the spotlight. Its amazing when you see a guy spend $200k and he is not excited at all!!! Thats kinda unreal to me.....of course I dont get all excited when I buy a six pack either!!! LOL

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
I think you are spot here Mike. I think they have built this exclusive status club and the rich phocks all want and enjoy the spotlight. Its amazing when you see a guy spend $200k and he is not excited at all!!! Thats kinda unreal to me.....of course I dont get all excited when I buy a six pack either!!! LOL

patrick

That's why I buy 12 packs!:D :rock:

any auction can go that way my dad and a couple of friends go to the palm beach auction every year looking for some deals the ones that arent on tv arent that overpriced. you just have to know when to quit which my pops isnt real good at so we try to keep him away(he loves auctions of any kind). yes the cars that run through tv are mostly bought as investments to be sold again within the next two years. youll see a lot of the same cars roll through every year.

mauiSRT/10 said:

patrick

Excited ,,,,,,shit I just had a guy have me build two cars for his teenage kids (arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) one was a 69 Camaro Pro Street style and a 56 Nomad .Well both these kids are having 60-70k$ cars for graduation they would come out look at the cars with ZERO emotion and just ask stuff like is this getting replaced or did dad ok the leather racing seats then walk out . I'm sorry but being an oldddddd gear head if dad would have bought me a 5000$ car I would have pissed myself any time I got within 1 mile of where my CAR was . Dad was the same ,only got him to smile once in the 1.5 year we were dealing . O'yea and he got wound and started throwing things in my office ,so I tossed his ass and both cars out the door . He couldn't believe I did that to HIM ,asked if I knew who he was ,,said sure and a-hole customer I didn't have to put up with <VBG>
Sheesh now I write this out and wonder why the H I even stay in business ,too many rich are A-holes and the poor cant afford me ,
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Silverback said:
6 packs?:confused: 12 packs?:dontknow: I either get a 18 pack or go for the full 24 case.

Damn amatures.:mad: ;) :D

Silver
You tell me buying a case o beer excites you ,,damn you cant be as poor as me ROFLMAO
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back