What is needed to make this truck handle better?

sleeper said:
Hey Noid, where do you live. I see a silver QC out in neck of the woods sometimes.

Livermore. I think I had my truck on Vasco once. I was checking into getting the rims black cromed in Pittsburg.

Last edited:
walenator said:
GET RID OF THE FACTORY TIRES. THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There next to go. I need to sneak on a set without the wifey knowing.

Last edited:
Black1 said:
Agreed.... I used to run 40psi in mine (roads in FL suck, and was hoping to keep the treadwear even. :dontknow: ) ........ But, I have dropped them down to 38psi and it's helped the ride a little. :)

Yes the roads here in florida suck big time.Running mine at 38 psi as well.
Helps a little but keep in mind what you are driving.5800+/- pounds and wide tires.Big heavy TRUCK!!:rock:

HANDLEING

noid said:
There next to go. I need to sneak on a set without the wifey knowing.

Hey guy,i put lowering shackels & sway bar from beltec works great so much better than stock,cost $400.00 installed still the best value mod to date,so much safer.:burnout: :rock:

At risk of sounding like the ass of the thread (ahh who cares)...

If you save that driving for roads and track experiences that are designed for it, you will have much greater success in controlled environments.

I managed 3 different tire stores (2 for 1 company) over a period of 7 years (I work corporately for Yamaha now). One of my favorite customer conversations follows:

"Hey, I'm getting some vibration up around 85 mph, I think the balance is off."
"Oh? What track were you on sir?"
"Oh no, this was on interstate 75."
<Thought: STOP BREAKING THE LAW ASSHOLE.>
"I'd be glad to check the balance for you Sir, but that road wasn't really designed for your corolla to do 90 on."

Interesting post! I wonder who the bright futurist was that designed Illinois roads to satisfy the recreational cross-country snow shoe distance runners?

I ruined three Goodyear Eagle F1's on my Volvo last winter. Only replace two of them, the third has a nickel sized blister on the side wall of one of the new ones...at $250 a pop.

# 1 Lower your truck (Boomer)...I was amazed at the difference.
I thought for sure lowering it would make it ride rougher...but the opposite was true. The ride is so much better. I have also changed tires as well. I think the Pirellis love to jump in rutts...and then toss you around.

noid said:
There is a long sweeper from 680 north to 84 towards Livermore. It's concrete that was put down in sections. So going around this you can feel were the sections are meet.
I've hit that one in 3rd before, just have to "yee-haw" that one. I wouldn't immediately blame the truck. Most of 680 and all the south bay to central valley ramps suck, no banking at all. Plus, 84 is just suicidal. I stick to 680-580 based on my will to live alone. I lost a co-worker to that road back in the beginning of the summer.

I don't know how the QCs take bumps, but public roads aren't good places to test a vehicle's handling. I'd say, at least, get used to that section of road first. If there are guard rails, look for collections of tire & bumper marks. Every turn has it's own sweet spot.:D

Prof said:
Interesting post! I wonder who the bright futurist was that designed Illinois roads to satisfy the recreational cross-country snow shoe distance runners?

I ruined three Goodyear Eagle F1's on my Volvo last winter. Only replace two of them, the third has a nickel sized blister on the side wall of one of the new ones...at $250 a pop.

Hey I want you safe this winter.

I'll give you $250 for your blower!:D :D :D :D :D :burnout:

ps OK make it $500 and you can get TWO new tires.:) ;) :D

Litem up, air ride technologies has a 4 link air ride suspension that fits the hemi trucks that should be able to work on ourss.

with the aire ride it should take a ton of the harshness out of the ride, and make it corner tons better.

the springs on the RC's actually suck , way too stiff for what you want, if you could find someone that has replaced their qc springs with rc's and could get the stock qc springs, and try them, the truck wouldnt jump around near as bad either.

Stagethree said:
Hey I want you safe this winter.

I'll give you $250 for your blower!:D :D :D :D :D :burnout:

ps OK make it $500 and you can get TWO new tires.:) ;) :D

Any chance you could make it up to Silver Lake WI today? Westech (Mr. Norm!) is hosting the Chicago MOPAR Club meeting...he wants to dyno my truck for the folks up here. Looking forward to meeting you. Are you anywhere near Homer Glenn? Avmech lives there.

Roy

Prof said:
Any chance you could make it up to Silver Lake WI today? Westech (Mr. Norm!) is hosting the Chicago MOPAR Club meeting...he wants to dyno my truck for the folks up here. Looking forward to meeting you. Are you anywhere near Homer Glenn? Avmech lives there.

Roy

No changing the subject! Will you tale $500 for you blower or not?:dontknow:
:) :) :) :)

Wish I had more warning about Silver Lake sounds like fun.:(

Homer Glen is west of me about 15 miles or so. Got a friend there with a hemi dart.:burnout:
I asked him last week if he had seen any SRT-10's running around.
He said no, but he works long hours and not home much.

Have fun today!:elefant::burnout:

Will do...pm Avmech...he is a super guy...works for United as a aviation mechanic...his red SRT 10 has a Paxson, and he has done some super work on it...and it is getting much stronger in the very near future!

What is needed

noid said:
So what do you guys recommend to make this truck handle better? I am really not concerned with launching. Just overall handling. It sucks when your going down the freeway and you hit a pot hole and you start looking for the eject button because the truck gets so upset. example of something that happened to me: There is a long sweeper from 680 north to 84 towards Livermore. It's concrete that was put down in sections. So going around this you can feel were the sections are meet. I did this around 90 and had the back end drift out about a foot due to the rear end skiping from were the sections meet up. I want to do something to plant this thing on the ground.

20" tires and wheels off a Hemi Truck.

the one thing everyone forgrot about...go from a 40 aspect to a 45 aspect ... what i mean is buy tires that are 305-45-22 instead of the stock 305-40-22. this will give you 5% more sidewall height and a bunch of fringe benefits as well.the taller sidewall wont be as stiff and will soak up some of the harshness of bumps. also it will fill up more of the fender space (if your truck is lowered like mine, it will make it look slammed while still giving you decent ground clearance. the general uhp 305-45-22 that i bought was actually about $5.00 a tire cheaper than the general uhp 305-40-22. the only drawback that i have is that i lowered the truck long before i bought the tires, so now if i hit a hard bump, i get a little tire scrub but not bad.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back