What $ is reasonable for a new Hood

SinorSwim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
painted and installed with new emblems.

Kids dropped the basketball hoop and stand on the hood of my truck!

Yes...brand new hood and painted and new emblems and installed.

A high end shop wants $2000...is that reasonable?

might be cheaper to buy an aftermarket hood. I know JTSVP makes one but if the high scoop isn't your style, I am sure there are others out there.

go here: 2002 2003 2004 2005 RAM SRT 10 Style Hood | eBay

Then go here: http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f41/new-jmb-product-custom-hood-emblems-8001/

Have a shop paint the hood, and you and a friend install it on the weekend. New hood, better emblems, not paying someone to do something you can do.

Bottom line is that any body shop will charge you more for a hood to make a profit. Also, once you have your hood, you can shop around until you find a reputable shop that wont charge you a thousand dollars to paint it. If you go this route, make sure you really cover all bases and triple check the hood install, dont want that thing flying up at 80 mph. I would actually have better peace of mind if I installed my own hood vs. joe blow from the body shop…but thats just me.

Last edited:
Be careful of low quality fiberglass hoods though. The amount of body work required to shave them down to size can sometimes put you in a higher budget area than the stock metal one ;)

True, I just did a quick search. Im sure you could find an undamaged, stock, used one if you really wanted to. Just trying to throw some options out there so the guy can save some money.

True, I just did a quick search. Im sure you could find an undamaged, stock, used one if you really wanted to. Just trying to throw some options out there so the guy can save some money.
I gotcha. But usually ebay fiberglass hoods(and other fiberglass pieces) require much more refining. I know because I have been there and know of people personally who have. I say buy a high quality fiberglass/carbon fiber or buy a metal one. Save yourself the headache and $$$

I have a perfect blk one I am wanting to sell. Hood runs a little over $1000 and emblems on side of jood are $125 each. Plus painting yes would get very expensive. Not sure what's its worth but I was thinking $500 plus shipping :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back