what is the best 22 inch tire for hooking?

carpoor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I wont hook on factory size tires but what is the softest compound for the factory rims? I am looking to buy drag radials and rims shortly but want to get a set of tires for my factory rims soon, as well. The Stock tires suck but I think thats mostly because there old and starting to rott. I just wanted to get an Idea on what people can get on 22's in the 60'ft department as well.I did a search but nothing really answered my questions.

pirrillies are hard to beat, i have cut a few 1.8xx with them but if you want serious track traction you need 17's and some m&h's 390 's

I am running Coopers and they hook amazing compared to the stockers! I don't spin any where near the amount that I did with the stockers on! And ride way nicer too.

I was told the Comp T/A would be the best..................Butt they are discontinued....Some place still have them and most don't but if you can find them........I am trying to find some right now......But if not I am going with the Nitto's

man i'd really just wait and get the 17 with radials, unless you just really need tires...i've got 17's with the micky thompson et streets(they work ok if you ahve 4.10 gears) i made 6 passes on my street tires and decided to just give up on them, i've got the toyos. other than drag racing i like them in the dry but they SUCK in the rain(not sure how the stockers are in the rain)

carpoor said:
I know I wont hook on factory size tires but what is the softest compound for the factory rims? I am looking to buy drag radials and rims shortly but want to get a set of tires for my factory rims soon, as well. The Stock tires suck but I think thats mostly because there old and starting to rott. I just wanted to get an Idea on what people can get on 22's in the 60'ft department as well.I did a search but nothing really answered my questions.
What are your times on stock tires.Mine 13.6 1/4 on stock 2.1 at 60'.06 QC a few mods.

Check out Nitto's web site,
I read somewhere that they are coming out with 305/40/22 - 555r drag radials!!!:rock: :rock:

555r drag radials would be great. I will get a set of track wheels and tires I just wanted to find out peoples experiences with different street tires because I need to purchase a set. I have basically every N/A bolt on possible with a 4.88 rear gear so theres no way I will ever hook on 22s and I know that. Just wanting peoples input. I am leaning toward nittos or Hankooks. But if every one said," no go this route" I would look more into it.

Wow that would be sweet!!! The 555r's. If not, I would go the BFgoodrich KDW tires, they look like they are soft and have a big footprint.

I dont want to change the posts topic but can you run factory 17 or 20 inch wheels on the rear for the track or do you have to go the eagle 17x10 route ? I know the factorys are skinny but I just wanted to know if they would bolt up?

1qksrt said:
Check out Nitto's web site,
I read somewhere that they are coming out with 305/40/22 - 555r drag radials!!!:rock: :rock:

They just released a 20" drag radial in 2 sizes so its just a matter of time before they come out with the 22"

BigRed460 said:
pirrillies are hard to beat, i have cut a few 1.8xx with them but if you want serious track traction you need 17's and some m&h's 390 's
What tire pressure do you run when you turn those 1.8's?

23psi, cleaned with simple green, and NEVER EVER put tire shine on them.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back