What is the sweet spot for MPG

AZBLACKMONSOON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 06 QC seems to like one tick under 65mph and avg 17.5 MPG. People at work tease me about my mileage but I tell them I would rather drive my truck slow then drive a 4 cyl.

When I went on a trip to Canada I got 18.1 with a blast to 130 on the way one time, otherwise for over 600 miles I was at 70-75 cruise controled. Had to wait at the border a little.

Thanks for the link. As I figured 65mph looks like the best. It's not that I don't have the money ,just don't like spending it ,going to just have to get used to it I guess.

AZBLACKMONSOON said:
Thanks for the link. As I figured 65mph looks like the best. It's not that I don't have the money ,just don't like spending it ,going to just have to get used to it I guess.
Where you the guy I met a few months ago and refered to the site :confused:

Cruise control set to 68 mph in 6th gear and tires set to 33 psi landed me these results two weeks ago.

LFC047.jpg

LFC046.jpg

Last edited:
If you're just driving it, and don't mind losing a little performance feel, change out the gear in the diff.;)

I seriously doubt that anyone I know here has tried driving any distance at 45 mph...you might be surprised at what the mpg is...not sure, but I bet no one is going to try:D

From Vegas to LA (Approx 330 miles) I ended up with an average of 16.2 MPG going 75 most of the way in 6th with traffic in a few spots and a few short bursts of speed getting around Semi's. I could see getting maybe 17 with all the right conditions but 21 or 22 mpg......wow......were you going downhill?

That was from Dallas/FW to Houston.. Approximately 4.5 hour drive... up and down slope hills and all.. That was the best gas milage I ever did see in #1900. My tank was 3/4 full at the start of the commute back to Houston and the gas light came on just 3 miles from my house. Cruise control at 68 mph was set the entire time. silverqc was running with me back to Houston from Laps for Charity at Texas Motor Speedway in Dallas. Absolutely incredible. Because of that I am more confident about the 10 hour drive to Panama City Florida this September.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back