what is this hose for??

mnsrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi question in picture the hose going from air box vent right before throttle body and goes into engine.. question is what is it and whats it for i had some "pros" install my power steering lines at dodge dealer and they forgot to hook it back up!! Heard faint sound like q vac leak and looked around were heard it and sure shit.. what does it do and do you think caused any dmg driving it home?

Attachments

• 20140920_162637.jpg
    20140920_162637.jpg
    618.3 KB · Views: 110
Nah... No damage unless something would have gotten sucked into your intake but seriously doubt anything did. It's an intake vacuum line.

Also I have a real small filter covering mine. As long as you have something to filter the air before it enters you don't need that to be hooked up to the air intake pipe.

so the thick rubber line under the plug going to the throttle body is just a intake vacuum line then?

thanks, i was like freaking out about it, those don't blow off do they? i'm sure he just forgot to hook it back up but there isn't enough vac there to actually blow the line off is there i noticed it doesn't have a hose clamp so figure just plug it back up and good to go?

nm thats silly question to ask think i just pulled it off to make sure nothing stuck in there its way to long of a metal tab to come off from pressure etc, looks like he just forgot to hook it back up. thanks for the help and info

nm thats silly question to ask think i just pulled it off to make sure nothing stuck in there its way to long of a metal tab to come off from pressure etc, looks like he just forgot to hook it back up. thanks for the help and info
no problem

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back