What is this?

gwarwon2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So today I went out to my truck to clean up the mess it was and found this just hanging under the dash by the clutch pedal what is for?:dontknow:

Attachments

• What is this.jpg1.jpg
    What is this.jpg1.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 149
  • What is this v2.jpg
    What is this v2.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 130
safety switch for the clutch. Look up higher.

Attachments

• IMG_0666.JPG
    IMG_0666.JPG
    398.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
safety switch for the clutch. Look up higher.

thanks I am going to go out there and see if I can put it back. I took the truck out for a drive didnt seem to have any issues and no CEL. I wonder if it even still works?

Well went back out to the truck and took it out looks like PO did some improvements to the switch.

Attachments

• Clutch Saftey1.jpg
    Clutch Saftey1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 103
there is an open recall for you clutch start switch, ma mopar will replace it for free.. Looks like a venomous mod on that one, bud.....

Did your truck start without pushing in the clutch? Looks like someone hot wired the switch.

I'm guessing someone REALLY wanted remote start lmao...

That's exactly what I was thinking after I found out what it is for. Now to replace it doesn't look like too hard of a job just more waiting on parts.

YEAH, I got the notice for my truck after I traded it...WTF..Then the same notice was in the box the next day for the coupe..lol. Andy will chime in hopefully, I'm sure the parts are on crackorder.

It's an under $20 part from Andy. I got mine in the mail 2 days later. No biggie.

Probably a good idea to go over the whole truck. It the po was a student in the school of fuckery and cut a factory harness to a safety switch, I'm sure you're in for a few more surprises. Also a Good idea to try and find his posts on here, lots of halfassery gets documented daily...

there is an open recall for you clutch start switch, ma mopar will replace it for free.. Looks like a venomous mod on that one, bud.....

You two just can't quit can ya?
Looks to me like someone successfully got their truck started when in need and never replaced switch! To call it my "mod" is childish as you two are.

Probably a good idea to go over the whole truck. It the po was a student in the school of fuckery and cut a factory harness to a safety switch, I'm sure you're in for a few more surprises. Also a Good idea to try and find his posts on here, lots of halfassery gets documented daily...

That "factory harness" comes with a new safety switch. No permanent harm whatsoever.

You two just can't quit can ya?
Looks to me like someone successfully got their truck started when in need and never replaced switch! To call it my "mod" is childish as you two are.

Wait what??? Mopar-or-no-car childish???? That's nonsense Scott. :laugh:

It's stuff like this that aparently is normal practice for even someone that calls them self a bussiness owner, funny...No actually it's not funny at all, it's a lawsuit waiting to happen...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back