What July 4'th means to you

WAZZSUP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The forth of July means more and more to me as I get older. I spent years looking at fireworks going to picnics and not really stopping to smell the roses. The Forth of July is at least still accepted by liberals to allow Americans to salute the flag in public. When I think of the Forth this year I will think of many things and give thanks to some that are very unpopular.

The Flag, and what it means to me.
Those that have given their lives in the shadow of our flag trying to protect those who truly have no respect for it. My heart goes out to those who serve and have pride everyday, not just on the Forth. I appreciate it when people wear it on their arm, fly it at their place of business and at their home. I can not think of three colors that go better together than the Red White and Blue. I don't care where I am at.....I love seeing it flown.

People I think of on the Forth.
Bob Hope....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx6OXeq4F78 as a kid growing up I always associated him with what made this country special. We appreciated our troops. I think of many of our past Presidents that were proud of what the USA was all about. I think of writers of song, movies and stories that gave me pride and still do.

Food and beverage
Beer....no more American than the hops and barley harvested across this great land. Hot Dogs and burgers on the grill. Not the gas grill but the black charcoal type that leaves that blackish residue on your meat.....as well as your food :)

Cars and trucks
Old Chevy's and Fords in some sort of parade. My truck does not belong in a Forth of July parade....but throw an old Dodge Brothers truck in there with some small, tooth missing smiling kids and you nailed what the Forth is all about.

......so that is what I'll be thinking about on the forth, and everyday afterwards....what about you guys????????????
Iwa.jpg

American_Flag_F-117_Nighthawks.jpg

FlagSRT.jpg

day off of work...no :dontknow: just a joke
that's what i think of the 4th it allows all of us to make jokes, talk, drink beer, carry a gun, ect......all because of the great men and women who served this great country and allowed us these freedoms we get to enjoy each and every day!!! The 4th reminds me of a country NOT TO BE F*CKED WITH we are the BEST and we let the rest of the world know it :rock: :rock:
The jet is awesome and the truck looks really good with the flag on it too, should paint it on it looks better than flames!

The 4th reminds me that Freedom is NOT free. That people have been dying for this great Country since the 1700's....and it also reminds me every year why I should be proud to work for my Employer....:D:D:D

God Bless the United States of America and the U.S. Navy!:)

The 4th of July reminds me of when and how our country came to be.. The 4th of July reminds me of the many people who gave their lives for this great nation; for freedom, for democracy… This should also accentuate the matter of fact that the very same freedom won by countless Americans long before today is actually not free. The ultimate sacrifice has been offered up and accepted time and time again just so that we can come here and speak freely with written words with people all over the world, to agree and disagree, to enjoy each other and enjoy our time with our families and loved ones.

The 4th of July reminds me of less significant things too, like the ridiculously looking white wigs and head dresses worn by men while they presided over the most important paragraphs ever written (since the Good Book) that shaped our society. The 4th of July reminds me of the right to grill a pack of bratwursts and have a choice between ketchup or spicy brown mustard.. The right to choose Coke or Pepsi, or neither. I can just choose Canada Dry Ginger Ale instead. The 4th of July underscores my freedom to water my grass or not (which will likely result in a burning lawn this hot dry Houston summer).

But all joking aside, there are countless important freedoms (whether remembered or forgotten) that are afforded to us largely in part as a direct result of the events that transpired over 230 years ago. Over 230 years of battles and death; of honor and heroes; of ideologies and development; of patriotism and senseless acts… The lists can run on all day. I often ask myself if I am indeed worthy to have come to life upon the soil of this nation. I often wonder when I will be given the chance to die for it.

I regularly see our country from afar. I see it the way other people in the world see it. I’ve come to appreciate it even more and would gladly pay my taxes without complaining. Because living elsewhere isn’t exactly something we want or can deal with. I sure can’t. Albeit arrogance or conceit, I declare America as the greatest nation on Earth. Not because I am a part of it, but because of all those abroad who aren’t and would give their lives to be an American for a day… As I take my rightful place in front of a smoldering grill this weekend I will be thankful once again to be an American for a lifetime.

:DHave a Happy and Safe 4th of July all.

Last edited:
well besides being a great reason for gettin drunk and partyin it up .....:p

my grandpa passed away on the 4th of july back in 2000 eversince then firerworks havent been the same.... i look at it as the fire works kinda celibrating what an effect he had on me(which is the main reason i am such a motor head :rock: )

i hope he is proud of me :)

taking my model cars i glued and painted and blowing them up ,,we also use to get a large pack of firecrackers and cut them open and dumped out all the powder and made our own m-80,,,they were so powerful it would blow a hole in the side of dumpsters ,,loudest damn noise i ever heard ,,,im lucky to have ten fingers:eek:

on the forth it will look like a war zone in my hood ,,,i will spend sunday cleaning up the falling trash out my yard :mad:

But there is no place in the world were we live as we do ,,,i never knew this til my old traveling work years,,if you ever want to love your country ,spend a few weeks in a third world country ,,,you will be so happy to get back home its almost unreal;)even though O,bama is the pres and is spending money like a drunk sailor this is still the #1 country in the world:p

Last edited:
....thanks for your thoughts Anthony, very nice to see we see eye to eye on something other than trucks and X-box. Have a safe holiday with the family.

WAZZSUP said:
....thanks for your thoughts Anthony, very nice to see we see eye to eye on something other than trucks and X-box. Have a safe holiday with the family.

We also have love for license plates that say "WUZZSUP"...

:dontknow: Where are all the other 4th of July thoughts?

I thought about how to answer your question and I can't possibly put the answer into words.

How can you describe the feelings inside that still put "Goose Bumps" on my arms and make my eyes water when I hear the Star Spangled Banner and the Pledge of Allegiance.

I may not agree with some Americans and what they say about our country but for 27 years I took an oath to fight (and die if needed) in order to defend their right to say it.

Thank You to those who have served and those who still are serving:

ALL GAVE SOME.. SOME GAVE ALL....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back