What length trailer?

I fit a 70 caddy convertible on an 18' trailer, that should be enough.

I would never buy a trailer shorter than 20-22' for hauling cars personally. I have a 22' dovetail with 8' ramps that can load a lowered viper with no boards. I towed it with my 05 RC many many times with 3-5k#'s on it (trailer weighs 2500#).
Justin

I would never buy a trailer shorter than 20-22' for hauling cars personally. I have a 22' dovetail with 8' ramps that can load a lowered viper with no boards. I towed it with my 05 RC many many times with 3-5k#'s on it (trailer weighs 2500#).
Justin

Any special reason for the length, I was hoping to get away with an 18'

The QC is 18 ft 9 in. over all length, 11 ft 8 in. wheelbase

At least a 20" for a QC. I've hauled a RC on a 18" and it's almost hanging over the end of the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Justin

What is the reason you wouldn't go shorter than 20'? I'm just wondering because I have never had an issue towing with an 18'

At least a 20" for a QC. I've hauled a RC on a 18" and it's almost hanging over the end of the trailer.

I don't think a foot and a half is going to do it! :dontknow:

It would fit on a 20" trailer. The bumper may just hang off the back a little bit..

I don't think you'd ever regret getting a bigger one, especially if money is no object.

Exactly, much easier to tie down with a longer trailer, a longer trailer with a dovetail will accept lower cars/trucks better without dragging fascias, looks nicer driving down the road without it hanging off the back too.

Justin

Exactly, much easier to tie down with a longer trailer, a longer trailer with a dovetail will accept lower cars/trucks better without dragging fascias, looks nicer driving down the road without it hanging off the back too.

Justin

Sounds to me like it's time I upgrade my trailer.

I have a kwikload 22' 10,000 GVWR and have hauled my 05 QC with it. The lowered front end clears this trailer without needing any boards of additional shimming for clearance. I can load and unload all by myself and it hauls really nicely. Here is a link to some info. They don't show all of the options, lengths, or capacities on the website but if you call them they can get you the information you need.
Sloans Kwik Load Texas Rollback Trailer

I have a kwikload 22' 10,000 GVWR and have hauled my 05 QC with it. The lowered front end clears this trailer without needing any boards of additional shimming for clearance. I can load and unload all by myself and it hauls really nicely. Here is a link to some info. They don't show all of the options, lengths, or capacities on the website but if you call them they can get you the information you need.
Sloans Kwik Load Texas Rollback Trailer

That is a great trailer!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back