What mods are we doing ?

SlicksMH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what are we doing for next year to go FAAAAAAAAAASTER, post up.;)

John
M&H

Texas Yellow Fever said:
Did you guys ever decide on making 18" tires?

Help me out here.........why are you guys wanting an 18" drag radial?????:dontknow:

17" rims fit over the rear calipers w/ out grinding. and a 17" rim will let you have a bigger tire with more side wall and thus more bite! :dontknow:

Because Rice Eater they dont listen, we both have posted that the eagle alloys work, but they want a tire that fits perfectly under the truck and no one makes a rim that does that.

I have the same rim you do except in a 16 inch, with ground calipers works fine, but like yours does hang out a little.

We can only do so much brother:D

I'm planning on getting the eagles with 390's next year if I still have the truck. Cant get rid of it no matter what price I put on it. Maybe its a sign I need to keep it :)

Oh....as far as new mods go.....I'm putting in a VECII and going to tune for nitrous and a race gas w/ nitrous to squeez a few extra ponies out. I'll probably get the truck running mid to high 11's and call it good. I don't think I'm going to do a cage in the truck which is what I'll need if running below 11.5. Think I'll eventually build a real 1/4 mile car as strictly a race car. I'll be needin some slicks for that when the time comes!

Help me out here.........why are you guys wanting an 18" drag radial?????

Some of us would like an 18 drag radial in a useable overall height to use with a nice set of 18 inch rims to run on the truck all the time. Not just a bolt on set of too short tires to use only at the track. ;)

It ain't that we're just hard headed or ignorant, lol....we have our reasons. Hehehe.

Rice Eater said:
Help me out here.........why are you guys wanting an 18" drag radial?????:dontknow:

17" rims fit over the rear calipers w/ out grinding. and a 17" rim will let you have a bigger tire with more side wall and thus more bite! :dontknow:

Only if you help me out first...why is your truck silver and wingless??? J/K...J/K

I have a set of 18 X 12 wheels, that's the only reason. Other than that I wouldn't give a shit and would go with 16s or 17s.

Awe comon ya'll jsu be ignorant!LOLOLOL

Actually I was just a tad of an ass, we do need a tire from 17-22 inch somewhere in there that would make a good drag radial in the correct height or at least real close:D

Stinker said:
Awe comon ya'll jsu be ignorant!LOLOLOL

Actually I was just a tad of an ass, we do need a tire from 17-22 inch somewhere in there that would make a good drag radial in the correct height or at least real close:D

You, being an ass? Nah...:p :p ;) It would be nice to have a taller tire than is available though so if I wanted to run around town looking for that god damn Mercedes that outrun me the other day I could do so and not look so stupid with short tires in the back...LOL!!!

John...

I am running a 500 shot on top of my 700rwhp.....

what do you have for me.....:p :dontknow:

Nowwhat said:
John...

LMAO!!! A new pair of shorts, maybe? :dontknow: :p :D

As for me... :hmmmm: :idea: I cleaned my K&N yesterday! :eek:

Nowwhat said:
John...

:idea: Tractor Tires, would this help.:D

John
M&H

ViperTruck2933 said:
Some of us would like an 18 drag radial in a useable overall height to use with a nice set of 18 inch rims to run on the truck all the time. Not just a bolt on set of too short tires to use only at the track. ;)

It ain't that we're just hard headed or ignorant, lol....we have our reasons. Hehehe.

i gotcha bro....wasn't trying to give you shit....... just understand. my brother has some BFG drag radials on 18's "not too wide though" for his ctsv.....but they don't hook for shit! he has a hard time even cutting 1.9's:dontknow: but yeah they'd look good!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back