what oil does everyone use? and a few more ?s

cdbull03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what oil is everyone using i have been using mobile 1, but just curious to know what everyone uses and why? What is the best? and what.... give me your knowledge and furthermore what is the signs of needing furl filter replacement?

Mobil 1 high mileage 10-40

Amsoil Signature 0-30 / full synthetic filters. Change once a year or so.

I'm thinking about running 15-50 in my truck to quiet down that valve train. Is that too thick for regular use?

What coolant do we have to use in the SRTs? Is it Dex Cool?

Last edited:
Castrol 10-60....same oil we use in the m3 and m5 motors. if you saw what the m3 motors look like when i tear em down even with 90k on the clock of just beating on em you would be sold....I started using 10-60 on my 3rd oil change and significantly reduced engine clatter and stabilized oil pressure at 65-75lbs all the time. before it would drop as low as 25 and spike to 75. now its nice and steady..

also got 4,500 5k miles between changes and always sample my oil to see what it looks like under a scope. so far so good

NorCal SRT-10 said:
I'm thinking about running 15-50 in my truck to quiet down that valve train. Is that too thick for regular use?

What coolant do we have to use in the SRTs? Is it Dex Cool?
Some of the clatter your hearing might be injector noise. Nothing will affect that.

Our trucks use a special Mopar antifreeze available at the dealer or I just found out about this:
http://www.valvoline.com/pages/products/product_detail.asp?product=10

It's been said that it isn't good to mix different types of antifreeze because it can become caustic to your system and cause corrosion.

Royal Purple 15w40

But it is getting hard to get...the normal places that carry it are not stocking it any more because of its high cost.

I would like to find a place to order it in case lots on the Internet if someone has a reliable site...????

Mobile 1 OW-40?? It's recommended?? Why would run anything different? I thought Mobile 1 was the best out there..correct me if Im wrong:confused:

5_0_BAIT said:
Prof, I thought Stinker carried Royal Purple:dontknow: :dontknow:

You are correct! Just order three cases!

Tony owes you a commission.

Thanks,

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back