What Size?

ShaneKennett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size bolt goes into the power steering pump pulley. I can't tell but it looks to be either an allen head or torqx. please help

You need a power steering pulley puller and installer. The pulley is pressed on theres no bolt its threaded so u can reinstall the pulley with the tool.

dragon said:
You need a power steering pulley puller and installer. The pulley is pressed on theres no bolt its threaded so u can reinstall the pulley with the tool.

that's what i thought. It just doesn't look like it. I'm not familiar with these motors yet so I didn't wanna try something on a hunch. Thanks man

Yea you dont wanna have to replace a pump or pulley if you dont have to.
No problem thats what were here for

i got to take it off to install the adapter for the new p/s lines. I can get a good grip on the adapter with the pulley there

use a socket Shane, sorry aobut that:eek: still working on getting instructions in there:D
but a deep well socket works best bud, but it can be done with a wrench, you jsut have to be carefull with it.

but it doesnt take much torque either, jsut tighten it up good, and give it about a 1/4 turn

Stinker said:
use a socket Shane, sorry aobut that:eek: still working on getting instructions in there:D
but a deep well socket works best bud, but it can be done with a wrench, you jsut have to be carefull with it.

but it doesnt take much torque either, jsut tighten it up good, and give it about a 1/4 turn

This is exactly why i hate living in an apartment and not having by big toolbox. I have a little half ass put together set of tools. and it just sucks

ShaneKennett said:
This is exactly why i hate living in an apartment and not having by big toolbox. I have a little half ass put together set of tools. and it just sucks
hold on a minute shane and will get you the size of the adapter, then you can run down and maybe get just a socket

its a 22mm, but now too you can do this, take your wrench and bend it slightly, dont go too far it will break, but you can bend jsut the end a lil and it may help bud,

but if ya can get it, now dont go out and buy a ton of stuff or take off the pulley or anything.

let me know and if ya cant get it bud, I'll send you a socket and rachet to borrow to get it done for ya:)

Stinker said:
its a 22mm, but now too you can do this, take your wrench and bend it slightly, dont go too far it will break, but you can bend jsut the end a lil and it may help bud,

but if ya can get it, now dont go out and buy a ton of stuff or take off the pulley or anything.

let me know and if ya cant get it bud, I'll send you a socket and rachet to borrow to get it done for ya:)

I just got it on now. I had to take fan out to get some more room as well as the upper radiator hose. I had to take off the line from the fitting so I could do it in pieces. I had to use a shallow 7/8" socket to get it. I got to run to store now and get more antifreeze and should be able to button it up tonight. It's freaking hot out!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back