what to buy

dcrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wondering what to buy first.
i already have the master and slave cylinder sitting in a box in my garage i purchased from jmb.
should i buy the centerforce clutch first or the flywheel.
my clutch is fine just trying to pay cash for the upgrades and wondering what i should buy next.:dontknow:
any suggestions???

In my opinion, it really doesn't matter. You'll want to have all the pieces before you drop the tranny for the clutch/slave swap anyhow. So get whichever part you want and then the other before you get the wrenches out. You don't want to have to go through it more than once. Another thing. If your going to do the flywheel, you don't want to mate the clutch disc to the stock flywheel and then change it to the lightweight later. They should be done together.

You can also run the Centerforce clutch on the OEM flywheel.

Some people (including myself) believe that you need the heavier flywheel anyway because of the weight of the truck and the amount of torque we have.

I think you would only see a real benefit from the Fidanza flywheel if you are a road racer of autocrosser. If you are revving real high for long periods of time I can see where it would help. For 1/4 mile drag racing you shouldn't be hitting over 5400 or 5500 rpms tops, so I don't see the benefits.

Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back