SERPENT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time to replace the 08 AMG E 63. Coming off lease and looking at the following:
AMG E 63
Lexus F10
Cadillac CTSV Coupe
Audi S5 or S6 with either the 4.2 or the ten cylinder in th S6
Anything else to consider? What would you get?

dsc00177_21.jpg

If you liked the benz ..... wait till you see what there replacing the 63 motor with... a 5.5 bi turbo. Ive heard some time in '11 2 quarter maybe there talking just under 600 hp stock and with the turbos with a flash ....... you could have a 700 daily driver.... just a thought

hcetzneb said:
If you liked the benz ..... wait till you see what there replacing the 63 motor with... a 5.5 bi turbo. Ive heard some time in '11 2 quarter maybe there talking just under 600 hp stock and with the turbos with a flash ....... you could have a 700 daily driver.... just a thought

Thanks. Wasn't aware of the new motor. Will definitely check it out. Any idea what model this motor is available in?

SERPENT said:
Time to replace the 08 AMG E 63. Coming off lease and looking at the following:
AMG E 63
Lexus F10
Cadillac CTSV Coupe
Audi S5 or S6 with either the 4.2 or the ten cylinder in th S6
Anything else to consider? What would you get?
LOLOLOLOLOOOLOLOL cmon serpent I told ya it wouldnt last:aetsch:

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
LOLOLOLOLOOOLOLOL cmon serpent I told ya it wouldnt last:aetsch:
I did blow up the last one but Mercedes replaced the motor with absolutely no charge to me.

viperhauler said:
if they put the v10 into the s5, then that would be sick...but i think the 4.2 motor could use a little more oomph;)
I'm thinking the same thing. The salesman is pushing me to test drive.Grat looking body style but lacking the hp and torque.

viperhauler said:
is an m6 out?
Not out of question. Didn't have great experience with my last BMW but then my ex wife ran the oil out of it. Pulled the dipstick and it was dry. Marrige was on the rocks shortly after.

SERPENT said:
$$$$$$$$#$ 183,000 list

Well, you didn't say price was an issue.... :dontknow: :eek: :D

The S5 is a great car! Sleek and stylish. And the V8 is no slouch. But, it won't even attempt to keep up with a AMG 63. I think you would be REALLY impressed with the CTS-V, if you drove one. Plus, you and get a stick shift if you want. :rock:

Last edited:
SERPENT said:
Not out of question. Didn't have great experience with my last BMW but then my ex wife ran the oil out of it. Pulled the dipstick and it was dry. Marrige was on the rocks shortly after.
i guess bmw has no median customers...

people love them, or hate them...

i do know...if you track your cars at all...the m6 diff and trans are a little prone to overheating;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back