What would you say or do?????

hawk02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is in the right spot but here goes... I got my truck about 3 months ago after wanting one for years, after I got it my best friend took a liking to it and is now looking to get one but he wants the exact same, year color and RC. I mentioned it to some other people and friends and they seem to all agree that its wrong to copy/get the same thing, at the least a different color.. It actually does bother me a little but I dont want to sound like a jerk and say anything. What do you guys think about it... Thanks:dontknow:

Not sure if this is in the right spot but here goes... I got my truck about 3 months ago after wanting one for years, after I got it my best friend took a liking to it and is now looking to get one but he wants the exact same, year color and RC. I mentioned it to some other people and friends and they seem to all agree that its wrong to copy/get the same thing, at the least a different color.. It actually does bother me a little but I dont want to sound like a jerk and say anything. What do you guys think about it... Thanks:dontknow:

JMO,
These trucks are so rare that the two of you hanging out w/ twin 10's might kinda hold a shine all of it's own......just a thought, that's all...
I was shocked to see a quad just like mine I town about a month ago, tried to get turned around in time to meet him but traffic didn't allow, we're in a very exclusive club and to actually meet someone in my small BUrg that has one would be cool, even if we do match.......

Odds of him finding a black one are slim. Red and silver are the predominate colors. And really, it would be cool to have matching rare rides.

Id see it as an honor he fully respects your decision! Being there were only 3 colors made its kinda hard to find otherwise unless you spend more for a CE,Yellow Fever, or VCA.
Try to see it like me, I lost my best friend of 26 years to Cancer in January and if he were here I'd be ecstatic if he wanted the same truck. I'd support his decision 100% after offering up the other colors the SRT10 was made in. Enjoy your friendship as real good friends are hard to find. :(

If you read thru all the posts in the visual and performance mods, you will find plenty of things to have your truck look a little different eventhough it might have the same color. Take it as a compliment like others said before :D

I think it would be cool to have a friend with the same truck, just gives you even more of an excuse to make yours faster, nicer and more custom.

You like black,He likes black.No big deal man,Embrace the fact that he thought enough of your truck that he now wants one. :D

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And he is looking at a black one at a PA dealership with 4800miles vs my 70,000miles..... all depends on the loan terms.

Whenever I got mine I had a buddy want a quad cab... but he's the type he'll system he's gonna do this Nd never does so I never took him serious but I know where your coming from every1 wants to be diff or unique.... it would be unique and kinda cool for ex. U got white.stripes and he got red or something jus saying it'd be cool in town to see two side by side

All you need to do is grab a litre ( or half gallon if your me) of some good liquor and talk it out.....works every time!!!

Last edited:
Black is the fastest and best color......Just sayin how can you be mad he wants a nice fast truck hahaha

Well not exactly....I believe Silver is the fastest color when turbocharged and RED is the fastest NA( I believe all 3 NA tucks in the 11's were RED)! I believe the only black truck that is the "fastest" is the only 6-speed quad cab:D

Last edited:
Well not exactly....I believe Silver is the fastest color when turbocharged and RED is the fastest NA( I believe all 3 NA tucks in the 11's were RED)! I believe the only black truck that is the "fastest" is the only 6-speed quad cab:D

Go to bed Jerry its past your bed time old timer! hahaha Just kiddin.

I would take advantage of that! If either of you just so happened to get some unwanted attention from the local P.D., you could always say "it must have been the other black SRT"

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back