Whats better xbox or playstation3

xbox 360 rules. My brother has a ps3 and he still asks to borrow the 360. I have always preferred xbox over ps though. I think you would like either one.

My kids got me an XBox several years ago...I'm hooked on Quake, Fear, and Halo.

But they have not up graded me to the XBox 360 so I cannot play Halo3...someone please call my kids and get them on the stick!

PS 3 that's it!:rock: im not a big gamer, but i like it tecnology wise..

Last edited:
i have always been a fan of the play station and as soon as i get chance i will probably get the ps3 friend has it and loves it

Prof said:
My kids got me an XBox several years ago...I'm hooked on Quake, Fear, and Halo.

But they have not up graded me to the XBox 360 so I cannot play Halo3...someone please call my kids and get them on the stick!

Prof, you need to tell them how you are suffering:D I finished playing FEAR on the x360 and it was a pretty creepy game at parts.

Whomever has an xbox 360 needs to play Boishock:rock:

Fear had chills running up and down my spine...there were a few times late at night that I gasped out loud!

Depending on what you want to do, I would recommend the WII:) I got it for the kids and I play it more than they do. Nintendo is going to start coming out with more adult games to make a play for that market. I have played all the consoles and if you are looking for great graphics go with the xbox. If you are looking for something fun that is new try the WII.

imo.

360's are great when they work. I had mine 7 months and got the "red ring of death". Now I have a PS3!

X360 rules!!!:rock: :rock: Blows the rest away as far as functionality. Plus try getting Halo 3 on a PS3...NOT!

I use my X360 as a media extender for my Windows Media Center. I can stream audio, video, and TV through my X360. If you have a thumb drive full of MP3's, just plug it in to your X360 and pipe it through your home theater. I can download high def movies via XBox live. HD-DVD add-on is like $180. I also have the Pioneer 5.1 surround for the X360...Comes with tuner. With Media Center I can use my PC as a DVR to record TV like Tivo, but it is much better. All content recorded can be streamed to my X360 for viewing on TV. All these extras do require some configuration and setup (not for the technically inept).

The early X360's had heat issues and you can't mount them in a cabinet or entertainment center. The newer ones have better cooling. I've had mine for a year with no problems. It sits out in the open on a table. PS3 had almost a third of their consoles that were DOA when they were first released. Plus Sony is pretty good at screwing their customers (not that Microsoft hasn't had problems, Sony is just better at screwing).

-Muzzy

The easy answer is "yes". But it depends on what you're after:

Do you want a well developed online community and are willing to pay a fee on top of your ISP rates? Do you want to watch HiDef movies on HD-DVD? Do you like Halo? XBox 360

Do you have an existing PS - PS2 library? Are you willing to accept an online environment that is subject to the accomplishments of individual game developers? Do you want to want your online experience without additional fees? Do you believe the speculation that the DVD-ROM format will limit the capabilities of future games? Do you want to watch HiDef movies on Bluray? Do you like Heavenly Sword? PS3

Do you have a family that appreciates "Game Time"? Do you enjoy casual game play with an experience that can be shared with groups of people in the same room? Do you believe that the "next-gen" "HiDef" scene has gone too far and game companies have forgotten what "fun" is? Do you NOT have an HDTV yet? Do you like Zelda? Wii

I own a 200Gig PS3 (yes 200... actually a 20G with a hard drive from New Egg). I actually fit the middle category quite well. I like the "visual novel" style of game play that Sony often delivers (particularly Heavenly Sword). I believe that all software is limited by the hardware it runs on and the BD-ROM is still too small a format for truly epic experiences. I have many PS2 games that I still play, that are now even better since the firmware enabled upconversion. And speaking of upconversion, I've had two upconverting DVD players before this, the PS3 kills both of them. I'm already developing my Bluray library. And with TVersity on my laptop; Everything I download, regardless of format, can be viewed and heard seamlessly.:D

Last edited:
Not sure whats the best but my GF's kids got a PS3 & some kind of X-BOX, there is some games (so they say) that only play on one or the other.

My boys favor the XBOX 360 over the others (Wii, Nintendo, Nin DS, PS).

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back