What's the best spark plugs for nitrous?

Definitely have it dyno-tuned...with the right tune (not too lean). Cooler plugs to dissipate heat....you should be good. You will most likely have pros and cons for both dry and wet shot...but as long as it is moderate you will be okay.

NGK, and I spray 150 shot on his 91 tune. but us west coast guys have big cajones though.:D

Never run a platinum plug, they will stay hot and cause spark knock!!! Very bad with nitrous. I use NGK but I go 2 heat ranges cooler. Get it dynoed and watch the air fuel ratios.Also pull some timming as well.

Definitely use a nitrous tune if this is your first time with spray. I have an A/F gauge so I know what my correct jetting is. Race gas as well is a good idea,but I use the Lucas booster and I've sprayed a shitload of bottles. This is just what I run, but 150 is ok with these motors, contrary to initial feedback a few years ago.

Definitely use a nitrous tune if this is your first time with spray. I have an A/F gauge so I know what my correct jetting is. Race gas as well is a good idea,but I use the Lucas booster and I've sprayed a shitload of bottles. This is just what I run, but 150 is ok with these motors, contrary to initial feedback a few years ago.

justin was running a 150 shot 7 years ago still the fastest n20 reg cab

How long can you spray for... actual duration of a shot? Say if you were on the highway in 5th gear @ 110mph, can you spray continuous to 160mph or is that going to get things to hot? I don't know anything about spray so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.

justin was running a 150 shot 7 years ago still the fastest n20 reg cab

I know, that's why I wasn't afraid to spray. I do recall a lot of people saying our stock motor couldn't handle alot of spray. Fatjack as well has been spraying a big shot, some say 175, lol. :D

Keep in mind, Justin was dyno tuned for his shot. I'm using an email tune and adjusting with jets.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back