Wheel spacers

Larzmat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new on the forum and just picked up a 05 QC and wanted to see if anyone is running wheel spacers with the OEM 22's? Thinking it will help handling wise from pushing in corners.
Next step is adjustable shocks and a lowering kit as well. Any recommendation?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 292
Hey guys, new on the forum and just picked up a 05 QC and wanted to see if anyone is running wheel spacers with the OEM 22's? Thinking it will help handling wise from pushing in corners.
Next step is adjustable shocks and a lowering kit as well. Any recommendation?

Hell No

Know what helps pushing in the corners? (Under steer)
Dropping 2,000 pounds. Lol
Never had that problem with my 2 door.

lol!... yea dont run wheel spacers. You want better cornering? go with Polyurethane bushings up front and drop the beast. I just did Polyurethane Bushing upfront and rear.
As far as lowering kits and shocks... I recommend Tony at JTSVP.com I got all of my suspension stuff from him. Hopefully you have some deep pockets for Adjustable shocks :)
Oh and welcome to the forum! Dont mind some of these guys, they get distracted and tend to get off topic real easily ;)

Last edited:
lol!... yea dont run wheel spacers. You want better cornering? go with Polyurethane bushings up front and drop the beast. I just did Polyurethane Bushing upfront and rear.
As far as lowering kits and shocks... I recommend Tony at JTSVP.com I got all of my suspension stuff from him. Hopefully you have some deep pockets for Adjustable shocks :)
Oh and welcome to the forum! Dont mind some of these guys, they get distracted and tend to get off topic real easily ;)

Thanks for the info! I work at a shock company (Fox) so I'll be doing a custom adjustable setup for this truck. (One of the perks, I guess!)

Shocks is going to be huge to reduce roll and push so may be all I need to do!

Curious, why against some spacers?

I got Tony's 2/5 lowering kit from Home Page

Belltech rear sway bar, new front Bilstein shocks, and poly urethane bushings all the way around.

Labor intensive install but well worth it!

Sounds good. Who sells the poly kits? Any noise or maintenance required on those? I've been running delrin bushings on my C5 corvette and it's a huge increase in handling, but have had so-so experience with poly in the past. (Noise and maintenance nightmares)

im not sure to be honest. I just barely got mine done a few days ago and i havent even driven it yet lol. I got my poly sets from JTSVP.com
ViperPete is correct, VERY labor intensive! especially when you dont have all them fancy power tools, only ratchets and wrenches lol
and about the wheel spacers, I think some of us simply just dont trust them. There are many mix reviews about them good and bad. But i'd rather be on the safe side and not use them.

Last edited:
Any spacer/adapter must be hub centric to work on our trucks. That means the center hole of the spacer must sit on the end of the axle or hub. That is what actually carries the load. The lugs only hold everything on. If you use a lug centric style with no support hole that wheel is going to come off.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back