wheel well liners

nycstev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for these. On Mopar OEM says " does not fit SRT10"? Isnt this the same body as 1500 ram? Whats diff about the SRT10?

S

They need to be modified a bit to allow for the tires to fit without rubbing.

Will they help with the rubber that get all over when I go to the track?

I got a brand new set if someone in the NY/NJ area and wants to meet me to pick em up... $75 for the set, not worth my aggravation to ship!!

nycstev said:
What has to be modified for a fit?:dontknow:
If I'm not mistaken the R/C is setting on a 2500/foam-filled frame, with a 1500/body setting on that.
I don't know what the Q/C's frame is. :dontknow:
When I installed my singal mirrors,
I had to lift the carpet to run a wire across the cab and noticed the foam uzzzzing from the frame joints. :rock:

Quick

......... oh I forgot to add...there's a brand new set in the garage as we speak...they been there '04, never installed.....you want'em?

Quick

I was lucky. I had the dealership install mine for me at no charge. I have a 4" drop in the rear and have NO rubbing. I'll be going to 24's in the next few weeks and hope I don't have rubbing there either,,, I'm ready to put spacers on anyway though.

They will work. I have them on my truck, did not modify them. They do rub on HARD cornering.

Here are some pics, the liners come outward when it gets down by the frame rail, if you notch there it will not run at all.

Attachments

• 052506.3.jpg
    052506.3.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 052506.4.jpg
    052506.4.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 080606.3.jpg
    080606.3.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 75
I pulled mine off my '03 Hemi ThunderRoad QuadCab (1500), and put on my QC SRT-10 last year. The tire will rub on a rare occassion, and I'm not sure when it's happening...(high speed, hard cornering maybe? and the rearend is shifting over just enough to allow rub?).
But, it's not bad enough to hack them up.
1970627Wheelliner.JPG

1970629Wheelliner2.JPG

QuickSilver said:
......... oh I forgot to add...there's a brand new set in the garage as we speak...they been there '04, never installed.....you want'em?

Quick

How much you want Jerry?

Craig said:
Wow look at that GAP!!! :burnout:

It is hard to believe that Dodge put these trucks out the door sitting high enough to be 4WD:dontknow:

If I can ever quit spending money on the wife's Vette, and my old T/A, I feel a 2/4 drop in my future:idea: (gotta keep enough travel so I can tow my enclosed trailer).

Ram From Hell said:
You could try running lower octane and pulling a plug wire.:D
It took me 2 hours, in my speedo at the car wash under the truck to get all that stuff off, I use tape and cover most stuff up but it still goes every where. I don't like the looks of these liners though....

BigRed460 said:
It took me 2 hours, in my speedo at the car wash under the truck to get all that stuff off, I use tape and cover most stuff up but it still goes every where. I don't like the looks of these liners though....

There's a visual none of us needed.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Jeff

I hear ya mang, I was just bustin ya but if you choose to drop her Boomers got a set up that allows you to tow!! :rock:
TnVTX said:
It is hard to believe that Dodge put these trucks out the door sitting high enough to be 4WD:dontknow:

If I can ever quit spending money on the wife's Vette, and my old T/A, I feel a 2/4 drop in my future:idea: (gotta keep enough travel so I can tow my enclosed trailer).

Installed wheelwell liners today

Hey men,

Decided to contribute other than lurk and ask questions.I installed a set of wheel well liners today and just test drove...No rubbing from what I can see.I did some hard cornering and still none.Maybe lucky here.One thing I did find was the wheel nut torque on my wheels was non existent.I bought this truck 3 weeks ago and did not check....I rotated the tires as well.The inside of the wheels were blacked out by brake dust.NAPA makes an alumminum cleaner that shined the inside of the wheels pretty well.Did not harm the outside.

I am going to install a DC stage 2 pcm and t-stat on my Quad -Cab next weekend...will post my personal feelings about it.
The wheelwell liners worked out for me at this point.

Thanks As Always Bill former SGT. 2/6 STA Early 80's

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back