wheels for rear.

dcrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thinking about running slicks on the track,just wondering what size wheel i can get away with in the rear.

which do you senior members prefer
running nitrous or installing supercharger.

dcrow said:
thinking about running slicks on the track,just wondering what size wheel i can get away with in the rear.

which do you senior members prefer
running nitrous or installing supercharger.

loaded questions....:D

1) you can get a 18" wheel and run a M&H drag radial...pm Robert (themoparconnection) he has the wheel specs

2) Slicks require caliper shaving....lots of it....

3) NOS is cheap power right up till you blow the motor...

4) I prefer both....:rock:

is there a shot you can run that will be safe,or can i buy something to make it full proof?

dcrow said:
is there a shot you can run that will be safe,or can i buy something to make it full proof?

a fully built $25000.00 motor, $6000.00 trans, $3500.00 rear end and you still are only "relatively safe"...ha

I don't want to be the guy that tells you a 125 shot is safe and then you break something...put a paxton on and you are all good....

by the way if you don't mind me asking,what is the total you have just in your motor?
if i want to run low 12's what else could i do to the motor besides headers to get to that number?

Last edited:
a paxton is real safe...

professional dyno tuning is needed....

Why do you want to make me cry by bringing up that $$ q...:D

lets look at it this way...a guy could get the following

EED built motor (you provide the long block)
paxton
direct port with Maximizer II
All the extras..intake...exhaust....meth...etc
labor

for ummm

like $50k...ish.....

dam i would have to take out a second mortgage on my house.
how bout the low 12's question.
all i can tell you is you have a bad ass truck.
you would kill everyone in san antonio.

dcrow said:
dam i would have to take out a second mortgage on my house.
how bout the low 12's question.
all i can tell you is you have a bad ass truck.
you would kill everyone in san antonio.

paxton...10-12k...if you go paxton...skip the headers they are not needed....that will save you some $$...

if you are a gambling man...you can run long tubes and a 150 shot...don't cheap out on the kit...get all the bells and whistles...window switch etc...you will run 12's on street tires either way...

Dcrow

Slicks, Cats delete, a good tune, great driving and a good track can get you deep in the 12's. There are a few who have broken into the 12's with a stock truck!!

Marc T said:
Dcrow

Slicks, Cats delete, a good tune, great driving and a good track can get you deep in the 12's. There are a few who have broken into the 12's with a stock truck!!

not in Texas....:D

dcrow said:
couldn't you get roe's twin screw for around 6k?

yep...I would just like to see someone get some miles on that blower before more people get one...the last generation Roe caused problems.....the new one may be perfect....:dontknow:

i was also talking to roe about my vec.
i just installed justin's mids with no cats and a magnaflow,do i need roe to write me another program?

send me 3k ,ill get you a rear axle that you can put any rim combo on and all the tracion you need

send me 10k ill gat you a engine able t handle anything you throw at it

send me 40k.........ill get you over 1300 RWHP!

12's with a 125 shot of NOS, is easy.

Low 12's possible with a;

150 shot of NOS & Drag slicks.

This is relativley safe on a stock motor with a stock tune.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back