where's Mobil 1 now?

Westxsrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Walmart's around here no longer carry Mobil 1 0-40w...:dontknow: I rather not pay $6.99 Qt @ AutoZone. I'm looking at a 2 car 20qt oil change soon.
Anybody know of a good deal somewhere else?

Not sure, but check EBay. I was considering moving to RP, which is not really at many places. EBay had a 20QT jug for $125 shipped.

6.99 a quart is not bad...Remember it's synthetic oil...I'm buying right now Royal Purple for 6.50 a litre CANADIAN...Gotta keep our trucks happy...:D

I was looking for some at a Wal Mart but they didn't carry that grade. I went to the automotive dept desk and asked if they could order some and the did. I didn't even have to pay in advance.

04 SRT 10 said:
6.99 a quart is not bad...Remember it's synthetic oil...I'm buying right now Royal Purple for 6.50 a litre CANADIAN...Gotta keep our trucks happy...:D
The thing is Walmart had it for $4.97 a qt in a 5 qt jug.

My local WalMart had the quart jars for $5.97. Also, my local Advance Auto Parts had the same for a tad over $6.00. Try KMart -- they might have it too.

Thanks,
John

Dragon was selling it at his cost back in the day. You might want to hit him up.

Walmart still carries it here in florida

Venom Power said:
Go Royal Purp.... You'll be happy.

I'm giving Royal Purple a shot! Just ordered a case of 5W-40 from my local Baxters... I'll be doing that and a transmission fluid change (Mobil 1 ATF) tomorrow..

Well my walmart just sucks balls on that kind of stuff. They have been out of 0W40 for a week and the same goes for the mopar filter. Most of the time I have to clean them out on the quarts because they don't have the gallon jug. Asked them when they would get some more. They told me oh probably some time next week. Sorry fuggers.

But when I was looking for the filter they didn't even have the price tag thingy where it usually is. So I asked them and the parts manager if it was discontinued or what. And all those numbnuts over there where just scratching there heads.

My local Pep Boys has it for $6.49, went in on SUnday and they only had 4 qts, going back today to stock up.

Havn't checked Walmart here recently, they did have it a year ago. A couple of auto stores (advance & checker) carry it, but there inventory at any given time seems to be less than 8-12 qts. the 1st time I was looking for oil I had to go to two diff. stores to get enough
Then I found the jackpot, Mills Fleet Farm, had cases(1-2 pallets of it and cheaper than other 4 places I could find it at. Not sure though how many states Fleet is in, may only be in this region.

RedSrt007 said:
I just use the 15-50w Mobil 1 they have in the 5qt jug....depends on your climate.

-Red
Its in the teens here now... I found the correct oil at a local AutoZone.

thanks

Westxsrt10 said:
Its in the teens here now... I found the correct oil at a local AutoZone.

thanks

yeah, if its that low, a 0 or 5w beginning viscosity would be a good oil to use.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back