Which suspension/lowering kits have people had trouble with?

Halligan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm considering lowering my truck. I'm very hesitant about messing with the suspension, though. It already handles like a champ, I just want a better stance.

I remember seeing a few people having problems with their suspension on here. Whether one side be higher than the other, they hear driveline noise, etc.

What's the consensus among the crowd? Is this a fairly low risk mod?

The specific kit I'm looking into is Boomer's 1-2 lowering kit. I suppose I should have posted this in the performance thread.

Last edited:
I had Boomers kit and was completely satisfied with it.

Some of the other kits add additional weight, which is something we do not need.

put a 1.5" block in the rear and be done with it. it will sit level and won't screw with the alignment.:p TEXAS YELLOW FEVER has the blocks (aluminum):rock:

Originally I used just the rear lowering blocks. They were 1.75 inches and the result was that truck sat level. I liked the looks of it that way.

However I finally ended up with a full Boomerized truck:) , front and rear. Now I like driving fast in corners, and there was a definient difference in the handling of the truck.

If you just want the look of the truck to be level, just lower the rear. If you want the best handling possible, then go for the whole full meal deal.

I just installed Boomer's 1/2 kit last week...or I guess I should say my dealer installed it....The service mgr and install tech both commented it was one of the best quality lowering kits they have seen...both are avid performance modding nuts...

Only negative I can say about it is the truck seems to be a little "bouncy" when hitting bumps at speeds above 70mph....otherwise handles better and rides better..

OK cool. Thank you for the responses. I'm definitely going to go with Boomer's Kit. If you guys don't mind me asking, what was the install charge at your dealer?

Been running Boomers for 2+ years with zero issues:rock: :rock: :rock:

I'm saving up for boomer's kit as we speak :)

question though, does anyone scrape on parking bumpers or curbs after boomer's kit?

I also have Boomer's kit front and rear, and ZERO problems!

Bill.

Mine will scrape occassionally IF I don't watch my speed when going over speed bumps and up steep drives.Knowing that it sits low , I just try to be really careful.

I think most of us installed our own kits.Took me about 6-8 hrs total,I think.I work REALLY slow on things I have never done before,though,and I was working in my driveway.Good set of jack stands are a must-have !!

the srt-10 should have come from the factory with the stance that boomers kit gives it. i put it on mine, and i'm completely satisfied.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back