Who says you cant tow with a RC?!

JMB Justin

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I just got back from picking up the wifes new car. It was a 1200 mile round trip from St. Louis to Detroit. She got a 05 300C, and we hauled it back with my RC with a 2" drop and QA1 adjustables on a 21 foot steel rollback trailer. Combined weight of approx 6000#'s. The truck did excellent, it has plenty of power to cruise 80 in 6th, we got stuck in two snow storms with very little drama, and it rode very well with the shocks set pretty stiff. The back end was low, so I will be installing a set of helper air bags just for towing, but overall it did excellent, even with the stock clutch. When we got home, I had a 1/2" of salt laying on the airdam, and the back was literally stained brown from the exhaust, it almost brought a tear to my eye LOL. We just finished washing it, but the underneath and engine bay is nasty still :(. Just thought I would throw this out there for those considering towing with a RC.
Justin

your a brave man! mine doesnt get out from under its blanket unless its above 20 deg (70 in your language)

WILDMAN

I saw a man towing his race car on a trailer behind an SRT-10 last year. I spoke to him and he said as long as he didn't get into a position that he had to back up a hill or some odd shit he never had a problem. He did say that he smelled the clutch once backing up. He is still pulling with it I am told, so it must be OK.

Wade

You should have took a few pictures of you towing, im tired of "L" boys thinking if we put a hitch out back the truck blows up.

wow! congrats! for me I prefer not use my truck as towing and I most use it as drag race and sometime for a transportiong, hope your wife love new car! (hope it is srt8) :D

The weak link in the RC is the Tranny. I think it is the item that is not really rated to tow.

What rear gear did you use?

Where did you get your tow kit?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back