Who uses ear protection on any regular basis?

I use an impact gun almost every day. I use EAR NRR33 foam earplugs and my hearing is as good as it ever was. I can hear sounds most other people can't (it might be in my head). The only change I would make is make them with a higher db rating, maybe 40-45. My father, who refuses to wear hearing protection cannot hold a conversation unless it's in a quiet location. If we are in a restaurant, he can't make out what everyone is saying and just sits there. This is what I use.
http://cgi.ebay.com/EAR-Yellow-Neon-Ear-Plugs-Earplugs-NRR33-Box-of-200pr_W0QQitemZ320083981360QQihZ011QQcategoryZ53152QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
When ever I ride a motorcycle I use the foam ones, when I go shooting I use shooting muffs. I also have suffered hearing damage, so I try to do what ever I can, so I don't lose anymore.

Bill.

I'm deaf in one ear so I don't wanta loose both ears. I'm very careful when it comes to hearing protection I always have a couple ear plugs in my pocket if need arises. When I competed in DB Drags I wore plugs and muffs. When I race motocross the helmet weakens the sounds so I was safe on that and competeing with the .50 cal BMG. Plugs and muffs.....

Only when I shoot my guns at the range. Foam ones are cheap and effective, but a pain in the ass to put in your ear. Can't count the number of foam plugs I've thrown away w/o ever using them because they were deformed or overcompressed. I have some molded ones that I use to use when riding my motorcycles, but found I really didn't need them and have long used a full-sized but collapsible (so they'll fit in my gun box) at the range. If you're in a car at the race track with a helmet on, the molded ear plugs make the most sense, because they're quick and easy to put on, but there are some non-custom plugs that also work well. One pair I use to have was a plug w/a series of 2 or 3 thin skirts on them. They were cheap, easy to insert, stayed in place and shut out the noise very effectively.

1Fast400 said:
As the question states. Who uses any form of ear protection? If you do, what do/don't you like about the protection you use? What kind do you use? If you could change something about the plugs/muffs you use, what would it be?
huh ??:D

I'm pretty young and I'm pretty hard of hearing already. I can't not listen to loud music : / Didn't even get into music till mid teens either.

I never used any protection..thats how I got my son...uh..oh wait..
Seriously, Im deaf in my left ear from trying to be Angus Young for too long. I use the foam plugs at work, and in general try to use them whenever I need to..although I only need one now..lol

1Fast400 said:
As the question states. Who uses any form of ear protection? If you do, what do/don't you like about the protection you use? What kind do you use? If you could change something about the plugs/muffs you use, what would it be?

When I first read this I thought you may having some kinky ear sex, and didnt want the side of ya head to get pregnat:D

But really I dont use them enough, but the foam ones mostly, but for serious noise, mostly muffs

i have to use protection all the time with ears like this.:D

0347.jpg

after working on and crewing h47 helicopters for 16 plus years i like the yellow foamies.with 120 plus decibles, protection is needed.our flight helmets have "hear through" now.you can carry on normally until loud noises start.i don't know if i would change anything.

I use these when shooting. www.espamerica.com A family member bought a kit to make them and paid for it by making plugs. The set is made by injecting a mold into the ear. A mini plug with a small string is placed in your ear and the molding material is injected. It painless but you get vertigo really bad. You can use the plugs that are made or you can send them in and have the electronics added. I had the Elite plugs made and it wasnt as expensive as what they show on the site. The shitty deal is that my indoor range requires muffs. I have considered using a set of electronic muffs but dont want to pay the price for my limited indoor shooting.

Chris

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back