Who would pay this?

This is the exact reason why our trucks are declining in value and plumeting to the floor and splatting....

NO ONE WANTS TO PAY FOR THEM... THEY ALL WANT THEM FOR CHEAP....

Everyone is screaming and yelling that their trucks are dropping in value....

and quite frankly... I am sick of hearing about it..... those who want to sell and buy them cheap are the entire cause of it...

These trucks are NOT:

- Cheap to Drive
- Cheap to Own
- Cheap to work on.
- Cheap to Mod.
- Not forgiving to the driver (or lack there of)
- Like a prius or other hybrid.

If you bought one of these trucks and can not afford to keep it or drive it... I'm sorry... you should have done your research... and if your buried in your loan or lease... sucks to be you...

These trucks ARE:

- Fun to drive
- Faster than hell.
- Harsh on the senses.
- Loud (Good!)

Nuff said...

When I bought my truck.. I knew exactly what I was getting into... I knew it was going to get sub 10mpg, that oil changes were going to cost $100+, that any mods at all would be expensive...

Last edited:
azpyroguy said:
This is the exact reason why our trucks are declining in value and plumeting to the floor and splatting....

and quite frankly... I am sick of hearing about it..... those who want to sell and buy them cheap are the entire cause of it...

These trucks are NOT:

- Cheap to Drive
- Cheap to Own
- Cheap to work on.
- Cheap to Mod.

If you bought one of these trucks and can not afford to keep it or drive it... I'm sorry... you should have done your research... and if your buried in your loan or lease... sucks to be you...

These trucks ARE:

- Fun to drive
- Faster than hell.
- Harsh on the senses.
- Loud (Good!)

Nuff said...

When I bought my truck.. I knew exactly what I was getting into... I knew it was going to get sub 10mpg, that oil changes were going to cost $100+, that any mods at all would be expensive...
Those ar exactly the points that I have made.

I think it's worth every penny... :D doesn't list the options :dontknow: that's kinda dumb lol

azpyroguy said:

These trucks are NOT:

- Cheap to Drive
- Cheap to Own
- Cheap to work on.
- Cheap to Mod.

These trucks ARE:

- Fun to drive
- Faster than hell.
- Harsh on the senses.
- Loud (Good!)

Nuff said...

HATS OFF!! Very well said!!:rock: :rock: "You wanna play with the big boys!! GET READY TO PAY!! :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

azpyroguy said:

These trucks are NOT:

- Cheap to Drive
- Cheap to Own
- Cheap to work on.
- Cheap to Mod.

These trucks ARE:

- Fun to drive
- Faster than hell.
- Harsh on the senses.
- Loud (Good!)

Nuff said...

amen brother. i know of a member here that when he was buying his srt-8 jeep the salesman said you know this thing cost over $45000 and gets about 11 mpg and is expensive to maintain.

he said "i have a job"............classic:D

all in all i knew what i was getting into when i bought mine so oh well if the market says it is only worth this or that i love this truck

azpyroguy said:

These trucks are NOT:

- Cheap to Drive
- Cheap to Own
- Cheap to work on.
- Cheap to Mod.

These trucks ARE:

- Fun to drive
- Faster than hell.
- Harsh on the senses.
- Loud (Good!)

Nuff said...
Forgive us less fortunate people that do understand what these trucks ARE and have worked very fn hard to get one even if it does put me buried in a loan. I knew what I was getting into when I bought my second one but it is the price I'm willing to pay. But I'm sorry that I'm not flaming rich where money grows on trees and looked for a great deal. I dont care about its $$ value up or down it's value to me is more than any resale or trade in $$. :dontknow:

Chef-Greg said:
Forgive us less fortunate people that do understand what these trucks ARE and have worked very fn hard to get one even if it does put me buried in a loan. I knew what I was getting into when I bought my second one but it is the price I'm willing to pay. But I'm sorry that I'm not flaming rich where money grows on trees and looked for a great deal. I dont care about its $$ value up or down it's value to me is more than any resale or trade in $$. :dontknow:
i agree with this also and these trucks are no more to operate then a lot of vehicles they will always be an exotic truck and i like mine............ some people have financial hardships and the first things to go in those times are the least practical.................so there goes the viper.........who gives ashit about the value no one but the mf tryin make money ........a true enthusiast bought it to enjoy it and to drive it reguardless whether or not if they can afford it.......just my own opinion

azpyroguy said:

These trucks are NOT:

- Cheap to Drive
- Cheap to Own
- Cheap to work on.
- Cheap to Mod.

These trucks ARE:

- Fun to drive
- Faster than hell.
- Harsh on the senses.
- Loud (Good!)

Nuff said...

i personally think this a bullshit post.......who in the hell doesnt want a good deal gimme a dam break......and to say that someone should have done there research is shit also theres alotof people that when they bought the truck financally everything was stable...............and now its not so the the least practical thing goes......................i hope the price goes down and down and down i dont give a shit i love my truck...............and guess what they quit makin them so we are not gonna see anymore then we already do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
505'sFastestViper. said:
i personally think this a bullshit post.......who in the hell doesnt want a good deal gimme a dam break......and to say that someone should have done there research is shit also theres alotof people that when they bought the truck financally everything was stable...............and now its not so the the least practical thing goes......................i hope the price goes down and down and down i dont give a shit i love my truck...............and guess what they quit makin them so we are not gonna see anymore then we already do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think what everyone is trying to say.... a picture is worth a thousand words, the joy and pride in ownership these trucks bring is more then any amount of money, not to mention all the friendships theve created...if they didnt make these trucks....VTCOA wouldnt excist and i couldnt get the enjoyment of 505's twins :rock: :rock:

I wish I bought one of those cheap,...... sinking value,... on the lot forever, ...gas guzzling,... expensive to insure,.... big V-8.... late 60's ........( fill in the blank) :)

I think people took what I said wrong. It was not meant towards those who might be having financial hardships, or the true enthusiasts.

A true enthustiast will pay any amount of money for a truck, they will not seek out the cheapest deal they can find, they will seek out the best quality truck, do their research.

Now, if you find yourself in a financial hardship (beleive me I have been there.. so I know the feeling... ) and you have to rid yourself of the viper, absolutely do it... you have to eat... and take care of your family, that same situation has happened to many of us, and with the upcoming recession it will be even more...

But on the other hand if you are allready having financial hardtimes or know ahead of time that you can not afford one... and try to buy one of these, and then find yourself in a situation that is un-tenable... I can only say that was irresponsible of you to do that to start with and you have to deal with it, and pay those consequences.

Smokey said:
i think what everyone is trying to say.... a picture is worth a thousand words, the joy and pride in ownership these trucks bring is more then any amount of money, not to mention all the friendships theve created...if they didnt make these trucks....VTCOA wouldnt excist and i couldnt get the enjoyment of 505's twins :rock: :rock:

Bingo!

azpyroguy said:
A true enthustiast will pay any amount of money for a truck, they will not seek out the cheapest deal they can find, they will seek out the best quality truck, do their research.

But on the other hand if you are allready having financial hardtimes or know ahead of time that you can not afford one... and try to buy one of these, and then find yourself in a situation that is un-tenable... I can only say that was irresponsible of you to do that to start with and you have to deal with it, and pay those consequences.

Bingo x2 ! well said Scott!

Me, I overpaid for mine but didn't care - I'm not rich, far from it - I don't plan on selling it so current or future resale don't mean diddley to me. I didn't buy it for an investment -- I knew exactly what I was getting into -- It's a fukin VIPER POWERED V-10 TRUCK!!! Are you kidding me? Sheesh give me a break! Nothin around here can touch this -it turns heads and screams "Bite Me" and that is worth ever penny!!!

Last edited:
Compared to the maintenence on a Ferrari, our oil changes etc... are cheap!

Everybody has a point here.........Smokey you bring up a good point. For the folks that do own 10's and dont belong to this site, they are really missing out on half the fun of owning one.:)

patrick

I can break it down a different way.
Cost of my truck $40,000
extra added to loan from trade $6,000
monthly payment $1003
making Vett owners mad priceless.

Will

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back