WHOLLY GOD ENOUGH ALREADY!

mauiSRT/10 said:
04's burn/lose oil........check the old nfff site. This was discussed many times. Mine does, I just added a quart last week.

patrick
I think 2933 is one of the lucky ones, As far as consumption goes. I have to agree with Patrick on this, It has been well documented the 04s use oil, A lot of oil. I think by going to a heavier oil will help with this. I went to JMBs catch can,And 15w-50w And got my consumption way down.

J.R.

Mike, just saw this thread...Stan and Silverback are correct...change it again...change the filter, put in 8.5 quarts. Then look at your new dip stick...it will be correctly filled...at that point. If the dip stick says something else either you have an 06 oil pan, the wrong dip stick or you did forget to put in the drain plug.

Come over to the house and we can do it here.

Roy

I've had my truck for almost 2 yrs now and I've never used any oil:confused: . I have 9K miles on it.

mosrt10 said:
I've had my truck for almost 2 yrs now and I've never used any oil:confused: . I have 9K miles on it.
I really have no explanation. How many miles, The way it is driven, Or just plain old luck.:dontknow: Probably just the way the motor was put together.

J.R.

JRSVIPR said:
I really have no explanation. How many miles, The way it is driven, Or just plain old luck.:dontknow: Probably just the way the motor was put together.

J.R.

Exactly, the 04's use oil. Tim's truck was put together when the workers werent drunk or hung over that day!!!!:D

patrick

The '04's do use oil...service directive says that 1 quart per 1000 miles is normal usage. Few of us use that much but most of the '04's do use some...and some leaks out of the rear main seal and some leaks from the junctions in the oil lines going to the oil cooler...and they do blow the stuff from the breathers too...but they are still loved and appreciated.

If my truck used a quart every 1,000 miles I have gotten a full refund from the dealer. Service directive or not, that's unsatisfactory and unacceptable, unless you are driving an SR-71 Blackbird. :elefant:

Mine stays on the full mark between changes and always has. I'd be pissed if it didn't. :dontknow:

Prof said:
The '04's do use oil...service directive says that 1 quart per 1000 miles is normal usage. Few of us use that much but most of the '04's do use some...and some leaks out of the rear main seal and some leaks from the junctions in the oil lines going to the oil cooler...and they do blow the stuff from the breathers too...but they are still loved and appreciated.
Hi Prof, I had all the stuff you listed plus some. Got everything fixed, And was still going through a quart in a 1000 miles. I do not know if it is relative or not , But i now have 42,000 miles.The 15w-50w really made a difference.

FstJack recommends 15w50 as does Patrick...but that is in California...Tim is just bragging about his flawless truck...we are not as lucky as he is, and I think we will have to wait until all of his pain meds:nurse: run out before we get totally accurate in put from him...;)

I am sure Chrysler said 1 quart every 1000 as a margin of safety for their warranty issues...but we do use it...and every performance vehicle I have every had has done so...

Prof said:
FstJack recommends 15w50 as does Patrick...but that is in California...Tim is just bragging about his flawless truck...we are not as lucky as he is, and I think we will have to wait until all of his pain meds:nurse: run out before we get totally accurate in put from him...;)

I am sure Chrysler said 1 quart every 1000 as a margin of safety for their warranty issues...but we do use it...and every performance vehicle I have every had has done so...
Prof. I do not know how to cut and paste, But if you click on my user name, Then Threads started by,Then oil consumption that will bring up the notice i got from the dealer.:dontknow:

Prof said:

on a side bar question at what plant are the engines assembled. I know the trucks are built in Mexico.

Prof said:

LOL, :bebored:

I am off my meds now. :nurse:

:eek:

mosrt10 said:
on a side bar question at what plant are the engines assembled. I know the trucks are built in Mexico.

I have an 05 qc,it takes 9.5 quarts with filter and thats exactly at the full mark.Also let me say from 20 years of mopar parts experience that he may have a dipstick that was tagged with the wrong part number or the 04 part number may have been superceded to a later model part number.

Prof said:
Mike, just saw this thread...Stan and Silverback are correct...change it again...change the filter, put in 8.5 quarts. Then look at your new dip stick...it will be correctly filled...at that point. If the dip stick says something else either you have an 06 oil pan, the wrong dip stick or you did forget to put in the drain plug.

Come over to the house and we can do it here.

Roy

Done and done already!:D This was my project while you guys were at Nats:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back