Who's paying $5 a gallon first?

Ok guys, we know outside of the US they have been paying big bucks for awhile. The question is when and what member in the US is gonna pay $5 a gallon first? CA or myself will probably be first. I will take a pic of the pump and post when it gets there.

FYI, diesel is $5.19 here.

A scooter with catless mids, a magnaflow and flames is sounding better and better each week!!!!! LOL:rock: :burnout:

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Ok guys, we know outside of the US they have been paying big bucks for awhile. The question is when and what member in the US is gonna pay $5 a gallon first? CA or myself will probably be first. I will take a pic of the pump and post when it gets there.

FYI, diesel is $5.19 here.

A scooter with catless mids, a magnaflow and flames is sounding better and better each week!!!!! LOL:rock: :burnout:

patrick

C6 Corvettes get fkn awesome mileage on the highway...... 28-29 mpg....

My Z gets 16-17 no matter how hard I drive it....... lately I've had my foot in it more and more because I have about 10% more power with the cats out....and the sound at WOT is just thee shit........ Best of all, I'm 100% legal.... I keep my waiver in the glove box... ;)

D

Yeah my buddy has a z06 and says he averages 25 or so..........thats a cool thing about those hot rods. What about vipers? Yo hamrhead, hows the milage in the snake?

patrick

I paid $4.17 yesterday.Pump cuts off at $100.Filled her back up on the way home for $3.99,and I put $54 bucks in .Both were BP stations (and I have a BP rebates card,5% off !) $5.00 can't be far away.Guess it will sit for another 4 months :mad:

mauiSRT/10 said:

patrick

So Patrick, are we talking $5.00 about 91 -93 octane or cheap gas 87 octane:dontknow:

Just athought

Heres an idea, park the truck in the garage and tool around on
a motorcycle or a vespa.
Nuff said
Allan

mauiSRT/10 said:
Be the first to complain the loudest..........we're all getting screwed with gas prices. Lets see whom pays $5 a gallon first. On Maui I am at $4.46 for cheap and $4.66 premium. I expect to see $5 before the fourth of July. Post your pics............no photochops as we are all honest f#ckers here!:D

patrick

Swell. We're spending 10 days on Kaua'i this month.

On the bright side, you can't drive very far without ending up where you started.:p

On my way to the dunes (last trip of the seasons) a station in Palo Verde, CA.. a 76 stations if I recall correctly.... on Friday May 23, diesel here was $5.39, and when I came back home on Monday, it was like $5.59

Right now I am paying $4.68 for diesel from Frys Fuel here in Surprise...

HOT RAM said:
I paid $4.17 yesterday.Pump cuts off at $100.Filled her back up on the way home for $3.99,and I put $54 bucks in .Both were BP stations (and I have a BP rebates card,5% off !) $5.00 can't be far away.Guess it will sit for another 4 months :mad:

I just filled my Diesel truck Sunday (June 1), and it cost me $144.00 to fill my tank.... frigging rip-off... I used to be able to fill me tank for about $74.00 (or less) - 35 gallons.

first time ever. paid $4.02/gal. Friday.:argh::dontknow:
left 2 black marks in their drive way:dontknow:

i,m paying 1.39.9 a litre here in nova scotia, thats for reg, super in 1.46.7 nice eh, so if im right thas like $5.30 a gallon, sweet :D

ZCx said:
first time ever. paid $4.02/gal. Friday.:argh::dontknow:
left 2 black marks in their drive way:dontknow:

those 2 black marks prolly cost you $4.02 :p ... I goto the cheap ass place and it's 4.49 for premium... the normal stations is 4.69-4.79....

the price of gas really only effects those driving a lot...but even with that said... the mini is my daily driver now :eek: the NR has half a tank... the tank's runnin on fumes <wonder why:D >

the tank get's 8mpg the mini 32... so at 4.40 and a 16 mile <both way commute> the tank costs 8.80.. the mini 2.20... weekly that's 44/11 yearly thats 2288/572... that's a difference of just over $1,716 or 140 bucks a month

ok, but what would it NORMALLY cost... @ $3.00 a gallon it's $1560.... so that's 728 more or $60 bucks extra a month....

so the way I figure it driving the mini @ 4.40 costs way less than the truck cost even @ $3.00... so when I do drive the truck.... it prolly gets only 6mpg... which is ok... cuz I still have money left over from the savings on drivin the mini :rock: :p :D :p :rock: :argh:

I read an article on MSN last night talking how $200 a barrel oil is in the near future. In 1999 the price was $10 a barrel. It's trading somewhere near $130 today and they say it will jump to $200 in six to 24 months.

TKT PLZ said:
I read an article on MSN last night talking how $200 a barrel oil is in the near future. In 1999 the price was $10 a barrel. It's trading somewhere near $130 today and they say it will jump to $200 in six to 24 months.

It has nothing to do with supply and demand.... demand is down, supply is up... but prices are up also...

It has everything to do with the market manipulaton these speculators are causing... look what they did to the housing market boom a couple of years ago.... same deal.. but on a grander scale...

As I have said before... did you know that you can control $130,000 worth of oil for as little as $6500.00 !!! yes, six thousand five hundred dollars... these speculators are not even playing with money they even have....

azpyroguy said:
It has everything to do with the market manipulaton these speculators are causing...

One of the problems is how quickly people forget. This summer gas will reach almost if not $7 dollars a gallon and everyone will cry foul. Come winter it will drop down to $5 a gallon and everyone will be happy not paying $7 and forget that the year before it was closer to $3. This will continue to happen every year. Two winters from now we will happily pay $10 a gallon because it dropped down from $15.

TKT PLZ said:
One of the problems is how quickly people forget. This summer gas will reach almost if not $7 dollars a gallon and everyone will cry foul. Come winter it will drop down to $5 a gallon and everyone will be happy not paying $7 and forget that the year before it was closer to $3. This will continue to happen every year. Two winters from now we will happily pay $10 a gallon because it dropped down from $15.

while I understand your arguement as well as your frustration with fuel prices ... that statement has no validity what-sover... here are a few things that will happen if the price of gas shifts to 10 dollars a: cost of goods go through the roof b: more business go belly up c: people default on their vehicles

Our economy is in enough trouble... I have faith that our government will never let this happen... actually the free market will prolly take it's toll first....

speculators & the housing market eh?? that bubble hasn't even burst yet... the monthly sell rate is 3%... and most of those are foreclosures... what does that mean?? that means that inventory is very high and noones buying... what does that mean?? that means they're ALL overpriced :p that bubble will burst.... just like these gas prices...

10 bucks a gallon.... this ain't Europe :p

you guys can be so pesimistic.... sheesh... like a buncha winey leftist democrats :p :D :p :p

mauiSRT/10 said:
What about vipers? Yo hamrhead, hows the milage in the snake?

patrick
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

With my screename - you must be joking?

I think the window sticker said 12/21 or something close to that. I've heard of them doing low to mid 20's on the highway in 6th gear. I would bet mine could as well, but it's just too damn much fun to drive!!:rock: :burnout: :rock:

My last tankful went about ~190 miles. Took 11.xx gallons to fill = 15-16mpg. I guess that's not too bad considering we ran down I-95 to Maryland, ran 4 runs at Cecil County Dragway, then back up I-95 (80 miles each way + a few miles around home here). For the most part, we were cruising at 70-80mph with a couple of, ahem, downshifts.:D

No new best ET, but I did run a new best MPH @ 124.65. 12.001 ET.

Hamrhead said:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

With my screename - you must be joking?

I think the window sticker said 12/21 or something close to that. I've heard of them doing low to mid 20's on the highway in 6th gear. I would bet mine could as well, but it's just too damn much fun to drive!!:rock: :burnout: :rock:

My last tankful went about ~190 miles. Took 11.xx gallons to fill = 15-16mpg. I guess that's not too bad considering we ran down I-95 to Maryland, ran 4 runs at Cecil County Dragway, then back up I-95 (80 miles each way + a few miles around home here). For the most part, we were cruising at 70-80mph with a couple of, ahem, downshifts.:D

No new best ET, but I did run a new best MPH @ 124.65. 12.001 ET.

They re good on the highway (25mpg), around town maybe 13-15mpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back