whose familiar with bankruptcy ?

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im starting to consider bankruptcy, ive worked so hard for my stuff but im getting a little over my head with water and dont know how much longer I can manage to keep this up. Really could use some advice on this issue.
My mother is currently doing it and well I just cannot even afford to keep helping her anymore. Times are tough here, tried to sell the truck but its been a no go. So I figure this may be my only option here. I would rather pay for my 2 vehicles than get sucked furthur and further by the credit companys who keep raising there rates and pulling crap on consumers to maintain there unhealthy business practices by attempting to keep us further and further in debt no matter how hard we all try to get out. Any advice here.........:eek:

You will get a lot of advice here but your best advice will come from an attorney that specializes in bankruptcy.....most give free consultations....the laws changed drastically several yrs ago...my advice is to talk to the attorney..

Sorry to hear about your situation. I've always heard that contacting your debtors and trying to renegotiate your loan is a better way to go then bankruptcy. If they're willing to work with you. Read this Clark Howard on Bankruptcy. Hopefully it will answer some of your questions. If not you can contact them.

Last edited:
TNVIPER said:
You will get a lot of advice here but your best advice will come from an attorney that specializes in bankruptcy.....most give free consultations....the laws changed drastically several yrs ago...my advice is to talk to the attorney..

Werd up.... Get an attorney.......

D

Yeah, BK laws have changed drastically. You will probably only be able to keep one vehicle and they will put you on a repayment plan for the next 5 years.

Working for lenders over the years, most of my experience is from a different direction, but considering the last year, I will most likely be doing the same soon....with that being said, research it first....there is a ton of BK stuff online, so it won't hurt you to be familiar with it before talking to an attorney.....

Based on your situation, if you decide to go BK, Chapter 7 is likely your best bet based on the little info you provided.....it gives you the opportunity to "erase" all your revolving debt, while also choosing which car payments to keep.....if you are buried in one of your current car loans (you owe $30k on a car worth $15k), you will want to give it back in the BK.....

Do your research and be prepared BEFORE you go visit an attorney.....that way, you already have an idea of what debts you plan to keep, but be open to any suggestions the attorney may have since they have the background and experience....

BTW: You title should be "who's" not "whose"......

The phrase requires a contraction of "who is"...

"Whose" would be used within the context of: "Yes, that's Mikey whose asshole is so tight you couldn't get a greased BB up his butt" ...

Just remember that "who's" is (exclusively) a contraction for "who is" and you'll be fine.

English lesson over.......

D

Django said:

"Whose" would be used within the context of: "Yes, that's Mikey whose asshole is so tight you couldn't get a greased BB up his butt" ...

Just remember that "who's" is (exclusively) a contraction for "who is" and you'll be fine.

D

Blah, blah...you sound like my wife...she majored in english...all the time correcting my language..:hmpf:

Django said:

D
we all need help brother:D

TNVIPER said:
Blah, blah...you sound like my wife...she majored in english...all the time correcting my language..:hmpf:

Use texting codes, it will make her go bonkers:D

I have a good lawyer for you if you need be he took care of me when my business took a shit a couple of years ago. You should be able to keep your truck with no problems and your house if you own one. what county are you in I know he does Cook and Dupage. Let me know.

Django said:

D

Tim,

That is not even a believable example.... Unless the BB you refer to is a bowling ball;)

Good luck to you Mike.... Hope everything works out as well as possible.

jelms said:
Tim,

That is not even a believable example.... Unless the BB you refer to is a bowling ball;)

:adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TNVIPER said:

def a must, im still in the learning phase here and want to be sure this is all I can do before I choose it.

SilvrSRT10 said:
Sorry to hear about your situation. I've always heard that contacting your debtors and trying to renegotiate your loan is a better way to go then bankruptcy. If they're willing to work with you. Read this Clark Howard on Bankruptcy. Hopefully it will answer some of your questions. If not you can contact them.

thanks for the site!

Big Perm said:
Working for lenders over the years, most of my experience is from a different direction, but considering the last year, I will most likely be doing the same soon....with that being said, research it first....there is a ton of BK stuff online, so it won't hurt you to be familiar with it before talking to an attorney.....

Based on your situation, if you decide to go BK, Chapter 7 is likely your best bet based on the little info you provided.....it gives you the opportunity to "erase" all your revolving debt, while also choosing which car payments to keep.....if you are buried in one of your current car loans (you owe $30k on a car worth $15k), you will want to give it back in the BK.....

Do your research and be prepared BEFORE you go visit an attorney.....that way, you already have an idea of what debts you plan to keep, but be open to any suggestions the attorney may have since they have the background and experience....

thats the plan, attempting the chapter 7, dont want a chapter 11. I have an idea on what will stay and go already. Im just trying to erase all my credit debt basically. I was uninsured over the years and needed to always pay out of pocket, then i got some stupid credit card that takes the dentist bills ect so on, plus all my time out and in of work has hurt me tremendously. My vehicles are do-able if I can erase all the rest. Plus then I get to keep my pride and joy in this case (my srt). The only worry I have is that I am in school still and will have to pay all my classes to finsh out of pocket if I go through with this, financial aid is not avail to people who have had a bankruptcy.

Django said:

D

I got it :top:

DevilDawg3097 said:
I have a good lawyer for you if you need be he took care of me when my business took a shit a couple of years ago. You should be able to keep your truck with no problems and your house if you own one. what county are you in I know he does Cook and Dupage. Let me know.

Lake county, well have to get that coffee soon and I can explain more and see what you think. Hows your sunday this weekend looking??

jelms said:
Tim,

thanks really appreciate the support

even when your down in the dumps and having a bad time this forum always shows the true support and help that we all need from time to time. I am proud to be apart of this club/group, am a member for life because I have never met such a wonderful group of people ever and thats a fact:rock:

Thanks to you guys so far you've brightened my day once again.

Wifey said:
:adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore:

:D :D :D

My Wife's been telling me we are Broke for 20 years now. guess thats her way of telling me not to buy anymore mods.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back