WHY ARE THERE SO MANY SRT-10's out for sale

ramviper10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why are ppl saling them how sad
why buy the truck if your not ganna keep it
ima stay with mines till death do us part :)

That's EXACTLY what I said about my first car.. then the second.. and then the third... But no this time I promise I'm keeping my SRT...;)

THis truck isn't cheap to keep. Gas, insurance and monthly payments put me on a very tight budget, sometimes I ponder about selling the truck and cutting my losses.

I don't know why people are cuttin and runnin, but it makes it a field day for us new owners!! :)

I think part of it is the "I got to have it" syndrome. Kind of like the got to have a Harley thing. They buy it, ride it a few times, and then let it sit in the garage for a year or two and the wife is on their ass to sell it. Same here. Had to have it, and now it's no longer exciting, and they want the new latest thing to have. It's the way our society is now days.

Personally, I have this itch for a Viper that won't seem to go away. My truck is long since paid for, so I could afford to have both, but being as my truck is rarely used (toy), I can't see having two toys sitting under covers while I drive my Focus everyday...:dontknow:

Hamrhead said:
Personally, I have this itch for a Viper that won't seem to go away. My truck is long since paid for, so I could afford to have both, but being as my truck is rarely used (toy), I can't see having two toys sitting under covers while I drive my Focus everyday...:dontknow:
What he said ^^^

I love my truck. There is 1 and only 1 reason why I would ever sell it and that's to get a Viper. I'm already shopping....just need to find the right deal now. Already have 5 cars in the drive and only a 3 car garage so the truck will have to go when the time comes. :(

While there is plenty out there for sale, I think the numbers are actually starting to drop - quickly. At least in my area, anyway. There was about 20 of them at various dealerships in the 50 mile radius, now there's about 4. Maybe 2 more used.

I also heard Bill Pemberton @ Woodhouse bought up all remaining inventory of 2006 Regular Cabs (125) and has sold nearly 30 of them already. They are going quick.

As for my reason for selling - my oldest needs a car now that she can drive. She is using my regular commuter car now, and I refuse to commute with this truck or let her drive it regularly. If I've got to get her a car (and get my commuter back), I may as well buy her something nice, and remove this truck from storage & budget. I wasn't as lucky as many of you bastards to have bought AFTER Daimler-chrysler pulled the F%$^ing rug out from under us early buyers and giving huge credits/discounts to the dealers. I paid nearly MSRP and will be losing my shirt, but the party is over. Time to get responsible again. :(

I'll be putting my oldest through college in a few years too, and she's talking Biology or Medical school. I can't help but think it'll be Duke, so it simply will not do to have a truck pinching the budget that gets driven 2000 miles a year.

I'll get another soon enough. And I may have to grab up an SRT-8 in a year or so when they have become reasonable...

Last edited:
When I bought mine this past Feb it had been sitting on the dealers lot since July of '04. Would drive by it just about everyday and see it there calling out to me! My financial situation changed and after a few months I couldn't take it anymore and bought it during a mid-winter warm up. Then over the summer saw 1 viper and started doing some reading at different sites and well...ummm.... now there is this little blue and white Dodge hatchback in the garage too. All the mods I did to the truck were to enhance my fun factor. But now the truck is up for sale here. I DO NOT "need" to sell it. But if it does......well lets say that little blue hatchback will gain a few extra ponies:burnout: I can smell the race gas now:D

I drive mine almost every day. I don't really care about resale value, Because i do not plan on selling it. Personally i bought it to drive. I have 34,000 miles on, And never get tired of it. Yes it is exspensive to keep, But i'm hooked. I love the freakin beast. Just my .02

J.R.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back