Why so many 2005 SRT10s available?

ohiosrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow... everyone wonders why the prices are dropping so quickly on the SRT10. I find it amazing that there are SO MANY SRT10s available right now with under 500 miles, tons of them with under 100 miles or new. There is a dealer on Ebay with *15* new 2005s in stock. Where were all of these trucks in 2005-early 2006? A local dealer here in Ohio had two "new" ones for sale. He said Dodge had a ton of 2005 SRT10 trucks that had some *cosmetic* problems and they were fixed up and sold at auction as new. Did an entire warehouse containing these trucks collapse and cause damage which took a year for Dodge to clean up and put into the market? I still can't believe there are this many "new" trucks available for a 2004/2005 model year. Any explanations?

I do know that a few of them had hail damage from storms earlier this year and last year. That can definitely be a factor in the price of a new one.

At one time there were lots of them still in Mexico sitting in the big lot till dealerships would take them.

Most realized after the fact that they just couldn't afford them....So they went with the next best cheaper option; which was mass produced...the Lightning.:D

All I know is people don't know what they're missin'!!!!:D:D:D

I love my '05 QC and it came with a few paint defects that I noticed after I bought it!!! Dodge is good at that shiznit!!!:(

hemi killer said:
At one time there were lots of them still in Mexico sitting in the big lot till dealerships would take them.

dodge offered huge incentives to dealers to take them and many dealers did not

also for a while all DCX DMs had to drive 05 srt 10 rams as their company cars normally they got to pick a car or got new ones when ever but they were mandated they all had to drive them until they had a min. of 500 miles they they could try to pawn them off to dealers back to DCX

a good customer of mine her 2 sons are DMs one in MI one in NC both are still driving the rams and both enjoy them (why both boys are under 35)

JD

I don't know that the SRT-10 situation is any "worse" than any other 2005 vehicles.
Everyone has new 2005s of every single model still - Chevy, Ford, etc.
I can't see the 2005 Ram SRT-10s on the lot being anything special.

The PRICE that many of the 2005 SRT-10s are being sold at, now that is a different story...

outnumbered said:
Most realized after the fact that they just couldn't afford them....So they went with the next best cheaper option; which was mass produced...the Lightning.:D

LOL!! Its pretty easy to stir the pot here... Yea... I guess you could say that the Lightnings are mass produced...but how many ST 10s are gonna be built per year over the next few years? Also, didn't they stop putting build numbers on them in 05 or 06? Hmmm..sounds like mass production to me.

03-DSG-SVT said:
LOL!! Its pretty easy to stir the pot here... Yea... I guess you could say that the Lightnings are mass produced...but how many ST 10s are gonna be built per year over the next few years? Also, didn't they stop putting build numbers on them in 05 or 06? Hmmm..sounds like mass production to me.

"Build numbers" were never assigned to 04's. Only the commemorative and Yellow Fever editions had build numbers.

There were approx 3100 RC's built in 04, about 1800 RC's built in 05 and would guess perhaps 500 in 06 (just a guess). I wouldnt put 5400 RC's into the mass production column considering typical build quantity in todays market.

SANCHOBA said:
0 better get yours now!:D

So, is Dodge getting out of the performance truck market? I was unaware that they were going to stop building them...that sux... I was hoping to pick one up in the future. I'd still keep the L though:D.

KRAZYSRT10 said:
All I know is people don't know what they're missin'!!!!:D:D:D

I love my '05 QC and it came with a few paint defects that I noticed after I bought it!!! Dodge is good at that shiznit!!!:(

I paid well under sticker price for my 05 truck when I bought it. I'm still quite happy with the truck even though it wasn't as cheap as some of the prices I've seen on the internet lately. With some of those prices it makes me wonder about their true condition.

My truck had a paint defect on the passenger side door that I didn't notice until I got it home. Dodge fixed it under warranty. (They also replaced my oil pressure sending unit under warranty.)

I would say that overall the Dodge paint job is sub par at best. My Totota has a far superior paint job.

My Dodge is a lot more fun than my Toyota though! ;)

-t

03-DSG-SVT said:

2800 QC's in 05. And FYI, I'm a Former Ford owner (2002 Harley Davidson with 620 rwhp); which by the way Ford made 12,500 in 02.

Hey TDay,
That is a beautiful pic of your truck!

From what I was told by a few different sources that know the car business, Dodge over produced qc's in 05 and had a bunch sitting on a lot and being driven by reps. They refused to sell them cheap to the dealers and just produced the 06 model. Once all the 06's were produced a rather larger srt dealer went to Dodge and said that he would buy all of the 05 left overs and sell them but he only paid about 30k for the quad cabs, not sure about regular cabs cause there wasn't as many left over. Then other dealers got wind of this and started buying up all these trucks. Some had to be sold as used because Dodge sold them to the dealerships not leased them like normal, so they had been titled by the dealer and then resold as "used", but most had less than 50 miles. This would explain the low prices seen lately, just Dodge producing more than needed and having to lower the price to sell those extras. Hopefully this is just temporary and the fact that no more are being produced will slowly start to bring the prices back up.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back