wierd jerking/lugging problem

SRT102JZ

Reaction score
alright well this has been happening for quite some time now and seems to be getting worse. From time to time, completly randomly, ill accelerate from a stop at a slow, normal speed. as i do so, sometimes it feels like the truck suddenly loses power or gets cut from fuel for a second and then kicks back in. Im thinking the fuel pump is going out maybe?

the best thing i can relate the feeling to is when your in a car with VDC (traction control) and you accelerate hard and the VDC kicks in and stops you.

what could this be?

i know its not my driving because it has done it to others that i have let borrow/drive the truck

Last edited:
mine was bucking...it was the TPS sensor (throttle position sensor ) my dealer had one in stock, about $50.00. there have been quite a few others that have had this problem too.

Haven't heard of any fuel pump problems but the TPS has been trouble on a couple trucks. Either that or you leaving the light at too high an RPM and the limiter is kicking in.:D

SRT102JZ said:
alright well this has been happening for quite some time now and seems to be getting worse. From time to time, completly randomly, ill accelerate from a stop at a slow, normal speed. as i do so, sometimes it feels like the truck suddenly loses power or gets cut from fuel for a second and then kicks back in. Im thinking the fuel pump is going out maybe?

the best thing i can relate the feeling to is when your in a car with VDC (traction control) and you accelerate hard and the VDC kicks in and stops you.

what could this be?

i know its not my driving because it has done it to others that i have let borrow/drive the truck

Automatic or Stick?

i vote for the TPS.:rock: :rock: :rock:

been a couple of fuel pump failures here. but would not start. no perforance complaints

SRT102JZ said:

what could this be?

Maybe the problem lies here?:dontknow:

My truck did this ounce this summer,I pulled onto the street and gave it about 1/2 throttle and it just about died like it wasn't getting fuel,it sputtered for about 4-500' and then took off like nothing happpened,only did this one time???

What are your mods? Any CEL's? Any time it happens more i.e cold prior to warming up, etc? Sounds like a lean surge, just need to figure out what is causing the lean. TPS, Fuel pump, Fuel filter, Bad O2 sensor. Give us some more info so we can help narrow it down.

Smoke

FlyingLow said:
What are your mods? Any CEL's? Any time it happens more i.e cold prior to warming up, etc? Sounds like a lean surge, just need to figure out what is causing the lean. TPS, Fuel pump, Fuel filter, Bad O2 sensor. Give us some more info so we can help narrow it down.

Smoke

Truck was warm,ran for 15-20 min in driveway,I had a couple codes in regards of the rear O2 sensors and cats(can't remember the #'s I think there was a 0420,0432,)I have catless mids,CAI and a SCT tuner.

Mine is completly stock. Its an 05 RC. No CEL or anything. This is a daily occurance since it is my DD. Doesn't seem to matter if its just started or completly warm, just does it when it wants to, maybe once or twice a day

Last edited:
SRT102JZ said:
Mine is completly stock. Its an 05 RC. No CEL or anything. This is a daily occurance since it is my DD. Doesn't seem to matter if its just started or completly warm, just does it when it wants to, maybe once or twice a day
mine didn't throw a CEL either.....

Maybe water under the intake manifold shorting out the coils? or bad connection there. Need to pay attention to not push water through hood scoop!!:dontknow: .... just a thought:marchmellow: :marchmellow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back