Wife traded in here VW CC.....

ViperTruck05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife traded in her VW CC.....

10407969_1116482071698882_2367472931128635923_n.jpg

She wanted an SUV that handled as good as her car..... so we found this.

Last edited:
I liked it for the 20 min. I drove it on the test drive. Wifes ride......cant get her out of it :)

Those Jeeps sure have a planted ride. They did a great job.

Nice addition!

Far cry from my first and last Jeep. 1948 was surplus Willis. On long cold trips we would stop, open the hood to warm our hands over the engine, no heater and open top. Oh for being young. Yours is a beaut. Enjoy.

Thanx for the comments. I really like VW's too, but her CC was becoming a real pos. Now my GTI will be lonely...2 jeeps, srt10 ram...and a little vw.:burnout:

Congrats! Now if only I could talk my wife into one I'd be all set.

My wife has had a 1999 durango for years and she absolutely loves it. I've been trying for a long time now to get her into a JEEP SRT but she won't budge. She won't go for it unless she can get a new Durango R/T or Durango SRT if it ever happens. I'm still crossing my fingers.

My wife has had a 1999 durango for years and she absolutely loves it. I've been trying for a long time now to get her into a JEEP SRT but she won't budge. She won't go for it unless she can get a new Durango R/T or Durango SRT if it ever happens. I'm still crossing my fingers.
We have a 2013 Durango RT and love it. It's no jeep SRT but still peppy, tows amazing, lots of creature comforts, and handles the curvies too. I towed a car full of a friends belongings from eastern nc to Chicago a couple months after getting it. Averaged 17.1 mpgs on the way there and 19+ on the way back with dolly in tow at near 100mph most the way. Definitely glad the wife got out of her charger SRT phase to get it. I'm not sure I'd want the Jeep now bc so use to all the extra space the Ds have.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Fun was very short lived. Wife parked jeep in garage 2 nights ago. When I got home in the AM, I noticed some fluid on the garage floor. Looked like oil on the front diff. She took it back to dealer today....they are still looking at it, but say it might be head gasket leaking oil. Only drove it 110 miles so far. How common is this? I thought this type of head gasket was rare? They said whatever they find, it will be taken care of under warranty, but of course, the wife doesn't know if she wants to drive it now. Has 20,100 miles on it, looks to be in fantastic shape...bought from original dealer that sold it. Any opinions appreciated :(

Before making any decision, see what the dealer finds and how well they treat you through this. Have they at least given you a loaner to drive?

They gave the wife a loaner (I'm at work) The service guy that talked to my wife was a complete ass hat. She called me and I called the service manager. I was steamed when I first got on the phone, but talked to him for a bit and want to see what they find because he was very professional to me (my wife isn't stupid when it comes to cars and the other guy was trying to go with the your a woman so u wouldn't understand). Never had issues this quickly on a car purchase, so not even sure of my options. I want to see what it is first. The wife needs to feel safe in it.

Mechanical things break, whether they are brand new or 100 years old. This is not an uncommon thing and nothing to be afraid of. Trust that the dealer will fix it to your satisfaction and have you back on the road as fast as they can. :D

That's what I'm telling the wife............the bad part is we had to have a '10 grand Cherokee lemon lawed (bought it new) and I finally convinved her to try again.........that and she loved the srt8

That's what I'm telling the wife............the bad part is we had to have a '10 grand Cherokee lemon lawed (bought it new) and I finally convinved her to try again.........that and she loved the srt8

Best of luck! It is hard to convince a woman otherwise once she has made up her mind. :D

typically head gaskets on the Hemi do not leak. MDS solenoids can leak which can appear to be a headgasket

typically head gaskets on the Hemi do not leak. MDS solenoids can leak which can appear to be a headgasket

They are keeping it over night. They said they have it all cleaned up and its not leaking right now. Added dye to see if they can find the origin. They said it looked like it might be coming from above starter, but not sure yet. It ran perfect before I saw the oil on ground and all over front diff? Iew to these hemis, Multidisplacement sol.?
Thanx

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back