will 18" wheels fit?

droptail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need a set of open track tires and want to know what size wheel wil fit over our brakes, f&r, in general. Guess offset & design play a role.

droptail said:
Need a set of open track tires and want to know what size wheel wil fit over our brakes, f&r, in general. Guess offset & design play a role.
I think someone on here uses 16's :dontknow: But I don't specialize in quality posts, so this may be incorrect :D

droptail said:

18's will fit...I purchased this set off FastJack.....and no clearance issues...there is a set of 18's for sale....see thread....

http://vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3376

Mine will have to go after the blower gets installed, as I believe I am going to have to pursue different options for traction when the SC is done.:(

NBT said:
18's will fit...I purchased this set off FastJack.....and no clearance issues...there is a set of 18's for sale....see thread....

http://vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3376

Mine will have to go after the blower gets installed, as I believe I am going to have to pursue different options for traction when the SC is done.:(
Its the front I'm concerned about.

Gotcha...Jack had a set made for the front from Bogart as well...but I believe they were skinnies..... 18's as well.

well for the rear i have 17´s and they barely clear the calipers......i am also wondering if 18´s will fit over the fronts or do they have to be 19´s?

droptail....let me know if you find some 18´s or 19´s for the fronts that will fit our truck!

I had Bogart make 18s" for the front and I am running 255x55x18 BFG's. The wheels are 7 7/8" x 18". This is the widest 18" that we can get on the front of an 04. I don't know about an 05 as they have never been test fitted.
But an 18" is the smallest safe size that can be put on the fronts of an 04.

I am running that size for safety.
Skinnies ie; 3.5" or 4"x18" would not be safe. and I don't know what tire you would use.

Rice Eater said:
well for the rear i have 17´s and they barely clear the calipers......i am also wondering if 18´s will fit over the fronts or do they have to be 19´s?

droptail....let me know if you find some 18´s or 19´s for the fronts that will fit our truck!
I have some from my (dare I say) Lightning with 305/335 Hoosiers mounted. I need to get to storage & try them. They sure will look funky at the track though.

I graduated from NEHS some time back. I understand it's not in Lauderdale anymore? I used to fill up with dial an octane 106 Sunoco back then.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back