Winter Storage: Sprung or Not Sprung

Leatherface

Reaction score
Hello All, This forum is awesome and thanks to everyone for there time and efforts I've learn more everyday. My question is this.

Winter storage:
Trucks inside, have battery tender, cover, fuel stabil etc..
should I jack the truck from the frame and take the load off of the suspension/bushings etc... or just jack it and axle stand it so the suspension is under load. :dontknow: anybody have the idea of which is best?!?
- Lost in Canada

i have heard to take it up by the suspension until your tires are off the ground, so leave it under load.

Now i could be wrong, but i think that is whats suggested mostly

I just cover mine and leave it on the rubber. Might be able to drive it at any time is my hope!

yeah i have just always parked mine in the garage on the rubber all winter with no issues.

Yea. It is difficult to go 3 weeks without hearing it purr! So I start it up often. Days off mostly

I would put the jack stands under the suspension so it stays under load. Its not good for the entire shock rods to be exposed to air for extended periods of time. They could develop surface rust that would destroy the o-rings in the shock later. The idea of having the truck in the air is to keep the tires from getting flat spots.

I would put the jack stands under the suspension so it stays under load. Its not good for the entire shock rods to be exposed to air for extended periods of time. They could develop surface rust that would destroy the o-rings in the shock later. The idea of having the truck in the air is to keep the tires from getting flat spots.

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in SoCal, What is this "WINTER" you all speak of?.......:p

SnowblowerDeluxe.jpg

Pirrelli must be Italian for hockey puck!! Don't even think about driving in snow! Lol

Back