wont downshift in to second without a fight

yellowfever65

Reaction score
Any help, my 05 rc 6 speed doesn't downshift into second, it used to, and yea I've not been the nicest to it, but normal driving it won't drop in, unless I rev it, and rev high, it will will I'm beating on it, but normal street driving I look like a moron that can't drive a manual.. I bought the hydro upgrade from roe first thing but haven't installed it, hoosiers tell me synchronizer or how ever to spell is going out, will that upgrade help this? Anyone had this prob?:dontknow:

Any help, my 05 rc 6 speed doesn't downshift into second, it used to, and yea I've not been the nicest to it, but normal driving it won't drop in, unless I rev it, and rev high, it will will I'm beating on it, but normal street driving I look like a moron that can't drive a manual.. I bought the hydro upgrade from roe first thing but haven't installed it, hoosiers tell me synchronizer or how ever to spell is going out, will that upgrade help this? Anyone had this prob?:dontknow:

Try reseating the shifter. I can push mine around if I am aggressive with it, making it difficult to engage some of the gears. The last time it happend I almost lost second all together.

Mine is now set where second is a little difficult, six requires a pause, but third is super easy. If I set it where second is easy then third gets hard to find. Eventually I will put one of Tony's shifters on it, solving the problem completely.

Try reseating the shifter. I can push mine around if I am aggressive with it, making it difficult to engage some of the gears. The last time it happend I almost lost second all together.

Mine is now set where second is a little difficult, six requires a pause, but third is super easy. If I set it where second is easy then third gets hard to find. Eventually I will put one of Tony's shifters on it, solving the problem completely.

I'm just wondering why it used to drop into gear smooth as butter but is now a prob, and yea I can totally see it needing to be adjusted a bit cause I don't think they're the easiest manual to bang gears..

if your a gear banger, prob one of two , synchros or the cheap plastic tabs on the forks are worn

ok tony think ur on it, I'm gonna order ur shifter and some things in a few days, the forks u talk about, is that in the shifter or not, and yea I been banging it around pretty bad :rock:

ok tony think ur on it, I'm gonna order ur shifter and some things in a few days, the forks u talk about, is that in the shifter or not, and yea I been banging it around pretty bad :rock:

gimme a shout tomorrow, we are out of shifters, but redesigning a few internal parts and shortening the thro a bit more, refining I guess.

but we can also get the trans rebuilt too boss, it comes out a ten times better deal on the trans

gimme a shout tomorrow, we are out of shifters, but redesigning a few internal parts and shortening the thro a bit more, refining I guess.

but we can also get the trans rebuilt too boss, it comes out a ten times better deal on the trans

Oh Shit, alright I'll be getting at ya in a few days...:D

probably hydraulics . try to line up your speed to rpms and shift without the clutch. if it goes into gear then it is the clutch not releasing .

Just want to bump this up. Ever since I got my truck it never has downshifted into second. If I start to put it in first (or slide it all the way in) then it'll go in second no problem but it will not go just regular downshifting.
It was the same way with the stock shifter and the gen 2 venom shifter.

I just assumed they were all like that.

If it won't downshift at a normal downshift speed without a blip of throttle it is likely synchronzers. Does it grind going into second from 1st under full throttle or normal up shifts?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back