WOT

dodgeff232

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is probably a old topic but, if the world record was set at 158, in
5TH gear then how fast would these trucks run wot in 6th gear all stock?

The truck doesn't have the HP to overcome high speed air resistance on 6th gear. Its an aerodynamic brick on wheels.

Hence the reason Brandon left it in 5th gear!!

Somebody mentioned once we have aerodynamic surface of a sheet of plywood......still kinda cool we can go as fast as we can!

patrick

I may be mistaken but I'm almost positive the Viper hits top speed in 5th as well. 6th gear in this tranny is a cruising gear with too much gear to overcome wind resistance. If you've got forced induction and want to have the fastest top speed, gear it higher like the Viper so it barely hits the top of 5th.

Joe

dodgeff232 said:
Does the gas mileage come factory in our trucks, cause mine didn't come with that option!
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :rofl:

dodgeff232 said:
Does the gas mileage come factory in our trucks, cause mine didn't come with that option!

Ha, try a QC and then see how you feel about your mileage!:D And I'm dumb enough to gear it even lower:banghead:

Joe

I've forgotten what the ratios are by the time you get into 6th.... But if memory serves, it's like 1 to 1 or less.....

On the subject of mileage, I think 6th (or "double overdrive" as I call it) was a decent idea... I get as much as 19mpg in 6th gear.... Which on a longer trip does really squeeze the fuel quite economically......

D

I got the same on the way back from Florida when i bought the truck, the bed had a my motorcycle and me and my girlfriends luggage in the back. I don't like to use 6th because on hwy 400 it has some good hills and i don't like running 1500 rpm. i don't want to put a lot of strain on the motor tryin to get up them.

dodgeff232 said:
I got the same on the way back from Florida when i bought the truck, the bed had a my motorcycle and me and my girlfriends luggage in the back. I don't like to use 6th because on hwy 400 it has some good hills and i don't like running 1500 rpm. i don't want to put a lot of strain on the motor tryin to get up them.

On an uphill (cruising the interstate) I always grab 5th just to save the clutch anyway..... The mileage is still good and I'm not lugging it..... Although with the Paxton, I still have plenty of power, I'm just erring on the side of caution.

D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back