would you trade?

would you trade your 10 for a JGC SRT8?

• Total voters
No. Ur wrong. U said mod for mod. Stock for stock, a 10 will walk a jeep by half s second with a good driver and DR's (to level the playing field, AWD jeep) Again, slap a 150 shot on both and the 10 still has the advantage. After that, yes the jeep will begin to pull away, due to traction issues with our trucks. I own a 300 srt8 and I've raced a few basic bolt on Jeeps. They're mid to low 13 second trucks. Now start slapping power adders on them and they turn into beasts!!

Mod for mod + add drag radials to level the playing field???

NICE! :congrats::congrats::congrats:

Didn't know we factor in handicap factors to stock vehicles....

Slap a 150 shot on both and it's a drivers race as it'll be hard to launch the truck out of the hole.....but if it launches well it should beat the Jeep

Now this one I'll give some credit. But come on, mod for mod, a RC will destroy it. Hell, we got a 6000lb QC with a stock motor and a 150 shot, only a half second behind him. This ones got a 7.0 built motor, with a Vortech, putting down 720 wheel and he can't get into the 10's. Bobby's putting down 680 with his Paxton and weighs 6000lbs, and is right behind him.
720HP JEEP SRT8 quarter mile runs!!! 5,000lbs of madness!!! - YouTube

Do you kind of get my point? Yeah the jeeps are badass. But there not that much better, until you get into the SERIOUS horsepower numbers. Yeah, ur gonna find a 9 second jeep. So. For the most part, they ain't that much faster and they don't have to deal with traction issues that we do. Just sayin

With his Paxton.....oh and headers, cat delete, exhaust, oh and tuner....how's it weigh 600lbs more than the curb weight of a stock QC? He ran full interior? I doubt it...

Um the Silver Jeep made 623/600 to the wheels while Bobby's (1badtrk) made 680/822 to the wheels and still didn't run as fast as 11.0's

60 more rwhp and 222 more rwtq.....that's not even worth comparing and the Jeep still wins

That Jeep didn't get into 10's because traction issues as you can see and at 623rwhp with full interior it's right where it's supposed to be with 1.7 60fts...and the tuning wasn't where it is nowadays

Blower for blower there are Vortech Jeeps running 11.1's now....are any rams running low 11's with a blower on street tires?

That silver Jeep will run high 10's with todays tuning capabilities just as others have with strokers and the vortech

Actually asshat, those were the first to that I grabbed. Wasn't even looking for the slowest, but those two just came first. That same 720 whp jeep, ran mid 11's with an s-trim Vortech and a 6.1. We got mid 11 sec trucks in stock motor and a 150 shot. So yeah, a Vortech jeep would be badass, but sick fast. Nope.
If you don't know shit, don't talk about ass. Just sayin. ;)

Where are you getting 720whp when the video clearly says 720HP?

Stock motor with a 150 shot as in NO bolt ons? I don't think so...intake, headers, converter, manifold, exhaust...oh don't forget drag radials....keep it real man

There are Vortech Jeeps running 11.2's and 11.1's with a vortech and bolt ons....how many trucks are doing that? Cuz i KNOW there isn't a truck with a 150 shot with ZERO other additional mods....

I never claimed we could hang with the fastest jeep. That's not what u originally said. You said mod for mod. And I agreed with u, once u get into the serious power arena. But in the basic bolt-on and simple power adder area, easily equal.

In the simple power adder area...with 222rwtq extra i'd give it to the truck.....factor in displacement and even a marginal weight difference of 300lbs for the RC.....how is that a fair comparison?

Didn't say equal. Said easily equal, which would mean that I believe we're a bit better. To a certain point and then YES, the jeeps will easy walk away from us. Is that better. Or should I type it in a different language. You two, don't get it mixed up. I love the SRT8's, that's why I own one. They're quick, but they ain't all that. And yes, I can talk. Cuz again, I own both. But to make it like they are light years ahead of a 10, that's just plain ignorant.

The interior and features are light years ahead of the Ram srt10...it's skid pad numbers, braking distance, and acceleration are all better than the regular cab ram srt10......so you were saying?

It's just got a bigger engine....and brakes because they fit in that huge engine bay and behind 22" wheels

Lol, is this thread still going. Never trashed the Jeep. Just thought it was ignorant, to make seem like the 8 was light years ahead in performance. Like I said before, I own an SRT8 and I love it. But it aint no 10 and it never will be at that elite level.

It'll never be at the elite level of a Ram Srt10? LMFAO!!!

Because it's a Ram with leather seats, a body kit, brakes, viper engine, and a wing???

That's comedy! The Jeep has allllll the same additions to it's base platform than the Ram and even more....

What's up with the small screen navigation tho? I was just looking at QC Ram Srt10's as a tow vehicle and my feelings......felt sluggish, small backseat, primitive interior, small navigation screen...but still badass

Elite level? No...... Elite level compared to a Jeep Srt8.....NO WAY

Dude, ur an idiot. U said mod for mod. Read what ur saying. I can show u an SRT10 QC, yes i said a QC with a stock motor and 150 shot running 11.5's. And yes there's probably a jeep, with very similar mods, running very close to that. But destroying that? Nope? Now that's just basic bolt-ons and a 150 shot. Now, don't go get a video of a jeep with a built stroker and a 150 shot, running 10.8's.

sorry, guy named builder bill has the record now. with a 9.40 :D:D:D:D:D:D

my jeep buddy told me.

Mod for mod + add drag radials to level the playing field???

NICE! :congrats::congrats::congrats:

Didn't know we factor in handicap factors to stock vehicles....

Slap a 150 shot on both and it's a drivers race as it'll be hard to launch the truck out of the hole.....but if it launches well it should beat the Jeep

With his Paxton.....oh and headers, cat delete, exhaust, oh and tuner....how's it weigh 600lbs more than the curb weight of a stock QC? He ran full interior? I doubt it...

Um the Silver Jeep made 623/600 to the wheels while Bobby's (1badtrk) made 680/822 to the wheels and still didn't run as fast as 11.0's

60 more rwhp and 222 more rwtq.....that's not even worth comparing and the Jeep still wins

That Jeep didn't get into 10's because traction issues as you can see and at 623rwhp with full interior it's right where it's supposed to be with 1.7 60fts...and the tuning wasn't where it is nowadays

Blower for blower there are Vortech Jeeps running 11.1's now....are any rams running low 11's with a blower on street tires?

That silver Jeep will run high 10's with todays tuning capabilities just as others have with strokers and the vortech

Where are you getting 720whp when the video clearly says 720HP?

Stock motor with a 150 shot as in NO bolt ons? I don't think so...intake, headers, converter, manifold, exhaust...oh don't forget drag radials....keep it real man

There are Vortech Jeeps running 11.2's and 11.1's with a vortech and bolt ons....how many trucks are doing that? Cuz i KNOW there isn't a truck with a 150 shot with ZERO other additional mods....

In the simple power adder area...with 222rwtq extra i'd give it to the truck.....factor in displacement and even a marginal weight difference of 300lbs for the RC.....how is that a fair comparison?

The interior and features are light years ahead of the Ram srt10...it's skid pad numbers, braking distance, and acceleration are all better than the regular cab ram srt10......so you were saying?

It's just got a bigger engine....and brakes because they fit in that huge engine bay and behind 22" wheels

It'll never be at the elite level of a Ram Srt10? LMFAO!!!

Because it's a Ram with leather seats, a body kit, brakes, viper engine, and a wing???

That's comedy! The Jeep has allllll the same additions to it's base platform than the Ram and even more....

What's up with the small screen navigation tho? I was just looking at QC Ram Srt10's as a tow vehicle and my feelings......felt sluggish, small backseat, primitive interior, small navigation screen...but still badass

Elite level? No...... Elite level compared to a Jeep Srt8.....NO WAY

I can say it better bro.

all stock jeep with blower.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S66GqzyNPrk&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Tony at Atco - YouTube[/ame]

show me your video of a ram with stock trim, with a blower doing almost a 10 sec pass.

I have seen Honda Civics go faster but who cares ?

I never made a single good pass with my 10,but so what ? Never raced it on a road course either,but so what ? My 'Vette would walk it on a drag strip or road course,but again,so what ?

For a 5,000 lb truck it does pretty well and it is unique.Maybe not "elite" but much more unique than a Jeep.So the Jeep has SRT badges ? So ? I do not owe SRT a damn thing.I bought the truck because it was and still is one of the most badass trucks on the road.Can the Lightning be made to go faster ? Sure.Had two of those also_One was stock and the 10 could beat it.The other was tricked out by JDM in New Jersey and could easily outrun the 10.But for the last time I say so what ?

The SRT-10 Ram is unique and classy.

A Jeep is a fine vehicle and will go fast and haul groceries (and kids to soccer practice :p ) but just because it is an SRT badged vehicle does not put it anywhere near the SRT-10 Ram for uniqueness and pure muscle and great looks.To me if a Jeep isn't a CJ-7 or TJ and lifted,locked and ready for rocks,I could care less anyway.Just my .02.

sorry, guy named builder bill has the record now. with a 9.40 :D:D:D:D:D:D

my jeep buddy told me.
LOL, I'm the "Dude". it was 9.46 at the LX & Beyond in front of all the SRT Engineers.

BTW, cool Rigs guys, I have friends with them and they are awesome.
The SRT8 Jeeps do have an advantage from a dig (although my 9.46 DD is a 2wd) you guys make a ton of power.
Look at the new DragPac V-10's ...pretty awesome power.
All good, we all have a serious problem where we can't keep our hands off our toys.
Best to you.:)
BuilderBill

LOL, I'm the "Dude". it was 9.46 at the LX & Beyond in front of all the SRT Engineers.

BTW, cool Rigs guys, I have friends with them and they are awesome.
The SRT8 Jeeps do have an advantage from a dig (although my 9.46 DD is a 2wd) you guys make a ton of power.
Look at the new DragPac V-10's ...pretty awesome power.
All good, we all have a serious problem where we can't keep our hands off our toys.
Best to you.:)
BuilderBill

Yeah bro, my boy told me you drive that jeep all over the place for event :rock:

I'm a huge Jeep fan, i don't have an SRT-8 but i have a 2005 Limited 5.7 4x4 with only 40k miles and a 2000 4.0 Laredo with over 120k miles and hasn't failed me once. The whole point is, Dan ain't getting no SRT-8 Jeep!

I have seen Honda Civics go faster but who cares ?

I never made a single good pass with my 10,but so what ? Never raced it on a road course either,but so what ? My 'Vette would walk it on a drag strip or road course,but again,so what ?

For a 5,000 lb truck it does pretty well and it is unique.Maybe not "elite" but much more unique than a Jeep.So the Jeep has SRT badges ? So ? I do not owe SRT a damn thing.I bought the truck because it was and still is one of the most badass trucks on the road.Can the Lightning be made to go faster ? Sure.Had two of those also_One was stock and the 10 could beat it.The other was tricked out by JDM in New Jersey and could easily outrun the 10.But for the last time I say so what ?

The SRT-10 Ram is unique and classy.

A Jeep is a fine vehicle and will go fast and haul groceries (and kids to soccer practice :p ) but just because it is an SRT badged vehicle does not put it anywhere near the SRT-10 Ram for uniqueness and pure muscle and great looks.To me if a Jeep isn't a CJ-7 or TJ and lifted,locked and ready for rocks,I could care less anyway.Just my .02.

Couple thing I want to shoot at in your post....

A ram srt10 is unique and classy but a jeep srt8 isn't?

HOW many rams out there have body kits and wheels? There's tons....the average person can't tell the difference between a ram srt10 and a rumblebee....the dodge trucks have tons of editions and such. After a while is just becomes another ram with wheels and a bodykit.

How many Grand Cherokees do you do see with bodykits, wheels, and rear center exhaust??? NONE besides other jeep srt8's...

I can take your exact comment where you said "To me if a Jeep isn't a CJ-7 or TJ and lifted,locked and ready for rocks,I could care less anyway."

Ok I'll say "To me if a Dodge Ram isn't a diesel and lifted,locked and ready for rocks,I could care less anyway."

With that said your $0.02 cents is a broad, generalized, opinionated statement that can be said for any specialty performance vehicle vehicle...

A racing truck is just as impractical as a jeep maybe even more as it doesn't even have awd with 3.73 gears....

A jeep with the smooth subtle body kit, hid's, polished wheels, and clean wing is the pure definition of classiness and pure muscle....how isn't it???

The dodge rams are unique because they are low production, impracticality at it's finest, and not a defer platform for high performance.

A jeep still stands out more than a truck....

Put a cammed loud jeep and ram out and about and the jeep will get 100x more inquiries, head turning, compliments, and cops pulling us over to get a better look!

You could call the rams more unique if the lightnings and cyclones hadn't come out in the past....

Their just unique as our jeeps are to the tbss's but our jeeps do a helluva much better job in standing out next to our rivals(even the cayennes, BMW xm's, and the m63 Amg) than ram srt10's do next to a lightning and silverado SS than being another truck with like I said....*let's repeat together* a body kit and wheels

That is all

I'm a huge Jeep fan, i don't have an SRT-8 but i have a 2005 Limited 5.7 4x4 with only 40k miles and a 2000 4.0 Laredo with over 120k miles and hasn't failed me once. The whole point is, Dan ain't getting no SRT-8 Jeep!

ok, fine... alisha is...

and i'm taking the jgc limited to the woods...

so stfu...

i'll post the same thing i did over there:
medic - i don't know your real name, otherwise i'd make this more personal.

let's take out the limited numbers...

let's take out the body kit...

let's take out the nice suede interior and mediocre nav units...

let's take out the nice stereos...

let's take out big brakes...

let's take out fancy wheels...

you have a jeep gc...

i have a ram... for instance...

they put the same motor in your jeep as they did in a handful of other srt vehicles.

they put the viper motor in two...and the truck was a limited run "hey this would be fun" scenario...where as the jeep is still... and now with the 2012, a "good idea"...

i've owned jeeps for the last 6 years... been extremely happy with them...

and the main reason i bought my truck... was to pull a 5k lb. trailer for work...which i couldn't do with the jeep...

that said the same fervor with which you type about your jeep is the same with which i'd defend mine...

about the only thing i'd disagree with is who would be cooler at a hooters car show... a cammed jeep, or a cammed truck... "oh shit, that's got a viper motor in it!!" truck...

it'd be a tough call in my opinion...

that said... it's not a matter of which one is better...at least not for me...

i want both... but if i can't... just getting an idea of whether letting my truck go to get one is gonna make me (and the wife) happy...

she hates driving the truck since it's a stick...i don't mind beating up on corvettes at the strip and pulling the trailer to work the next day... so it's a catch 22...

maybe i'll just get another car payment...that'd solve it...

Couple thing I want to shoot at in your post....

A ram srt10 is unique and classy but a jeep srt8 isn't?

HOW many rams out there have body kits and wheels? There's tons....the average person can't tell the difference between a ram srt10 and a rumblebee....the dodge trucks have tons of editions and such. After a while is just becomes another ram with wheels and a bodykit.

How many Grand Cherokees do you do see with bodykits, wheels, and rear center exhaust??? NONE besides other jeep srt8's...

I can take your exact comment where you said "To me if a Jeep isn't a CJ-7 or TJ and lifted,locked and ready for rocks,I could care less anyway."

Ok I'll say "To me if a Dodge Ram isn't a diesel and lifted,locked and ready for rocks,I could care less anyway."

With that said your $0.02 cents is a broad, generalized, opinionated statement that can be said for any specialty performance vehicle vehicle...

A racing truck is just as impractical as a jeep maybe even more as it doesn't even have awd with 3.73 gears....

A jeep with the smooth subtle body kit, hid's, polished wheels, and clean wing is the pure definition of classiness and pure muscle....how isn't it???

The dodge rams are unique because they are low production, impracticality at it's finest, and not a defer platform for high performance.

A jeep still stands out more than a truck....

Put a cammed loud jeep and ram out and about and the jeep will get 100x more inquiries, head turning, compliments, and cops pulling us over to get a better look!

You could call the rams more unique if the lightnings and cyclones hadn't come out in the past....

Their just unique as our jeeps are to the tbss's but our jeeps do a helluva much better job in standing out next to our rivals(even the cayennes, BMW xm's, and the m63 Amg) than ram srt10's do next to a lightning and silverado SS than being another truck with like I said....*let's repeat together* a body kit and wheels

That is all

I'll shoot this back at ya : :thefinger:

When you have been around a few years I might consider that you have an opinion worth listening to.Until then you're just a jeep junkie with a very biased opinion towards your grocery-gettin',soccer-mom-driving ,wanna-be-a-minivan-looking SUV.To put it plainly,your opinion means less than sh-t to me and neither does a Jeep.

SRT-10's ROCK !! :rock:

SRT-10 forums should be for fans of SRT-10's.These other other dipsh-ts just stir up trouble.Don't they have a jeep forum somewhere ? Then y'all could go there and leave us alone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back