Wreck - White paint on my black truck...

Most importantly don't take it to one of there shops. They will hack your truck up. No matter what your insurance says you can take it where ever you want to get fixed. Do your research on the shops because they are a lot of bad ones out there. I am Charlie give me a call I can explain more 770-855-9624

Most importantly don't take it to one of there shops. They will hack your truck up. No matter what your insurance says you can take it where ever you want to get fixed. Do your research on the shops because they are a lot of bad ones out there. I am Charlie give me a call I can explain more 770-855-9624

I agree on this 100%, take it to a shop your comfortable with and know their work. Not one of the insurance companies perferred shops.

I just went through the exact same thing on my LS swapped 95':mad: Woman on drugs says ''my brakes didn't work'' yea right!!!:mad:

Insurance will pay you ''retail'' value from the book. Your not going to get much extra outta them. I had 13k in reciepts and only got $1,500 extra after a few days haggling with them:( I was happy though so I can't complain really:)

I'll buy your truck back from you if your interested in selling it whole;) Shoot me a PM if so:rock:

I agree on this 100%, take it to a shop your comfortable with and know their work. Not one of the insurance companies perferred shops.

This is the best advice on this thread. You don't have to take it where they suggest, because chances are they don't know what they're doing with our trucks.

Even with the lifetime warranty on the work if you go through one of their shops? That's where I'm at right now. I need to decide on a shop by tomorrow.

So sorry to hear and see about your 10. :( Hope everything works out for you. I can't stand idiots who drive without insurance and/ or no licence. :mad:

I would bet they will not total.

I thought Progressive has those URV's or whatever they called them to help you right away! I hate insurance companies. They promise the world but when you actually need them they deliver only Iraq. Flo should have been out there in the rain right next to your truck based on the commercial LOL

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPwa-Z8JD18[/ame]

I recently changed to Geico, and yes, I did save. I had a local agent using Allstate but my dad had an issue with a claim on his home for hail damage, three visits before they wrote the check. That is what being with an local agent and big company is suppose to prevent! So I figured no need to pay that extra if they do not deliver. I am now of the opinoin few can deliver so go with the cheapest you can find because either way you are going to take it up the back side.

Last edited:
they almost totalled mine... all those little clips and brackets and shit add up... if i'da pushed it, they would have.

i also have a stated value policy and we've agreed that truck was worth $25k because of the mods, even with the high miles... might check into a stated value policy instead of an actual cash value policy...

also, if this truck's never been in a wreck don't forget your "diminished value" check;) no seriously... they aren't going to remember to ask if you want more money lol...

Even with the lifetime warranty on the work if you go through one of their shops? That's where I'm at right now. I need to decide on a shop by tomorrow.

A quality body shop will give you a lifetime warranty on their work with or without the insurance company.

That warranty is only as good as the work man. Trust us stay away from there shops.

Exactly!! A good body shop is hard to find, same as a good technician. When you find one that takes good care of you why bother going any where else?

Alright. So I'll have more info around 5 when my rep calls me. The police report will be done at about the time I'm posting this. I decided on a shop that has been recommended by a few guys I've talked to. I wasn't even thinking of the diminished value check, although I was talking about how my h the value dropped in the day since it was reported as in a crash. I will look into that.

Alright. So I'll have more info around 5 when my rep calls me. The police report will be done at about the time I'm posting this. I decided on a shop that has been recommended by a few guys I've talked to. I wasn't even thinking of the diminished value check, although I was talking about how my h the value dropped in the day since it was reported as in a crash. I will look into that.

1) If your insurance pays, you probably won't get diminished value
2) If you have aftermarket parts on the truck, and it is totalled, you can remove your parts prior to releasing to isnurance co
3) If the frame is damaged, you can always argue the truck is not ever going to drive the same
4) Good luck. Dealing with your own insurance SUCKS :(

1) If your insurance pays, you probably won't get diminished value
2) If you have aftermarket parts on the truck, and it is totalled, you can remove your parts prior to releasing to isnurance co
3) If the frame is damaged, you can always argue the truck is not ever going to drive the same
4) Good luck. Dealing with your own insurance SUCKS :(

You can remove your parts but you have to return the car to as working condition minus the damage...if not you will be docked for missing parts..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back