wtb a hood scoop front panel insert

ramiromtz

Reaction score
So the panel with grill that's in the hood decided to fly off on the highway and now there's just a big hole there. Im willing to buy one from somebody if they have a wrecked truck or something parted out. It would be best if it was in the same flame red color. But anything is good. Thank you.

I bought one off eBay after mine got a hairline crack. I paid $250 brand new for the OEM part. It comes unpainted. The Mopar Part # is YL23TZZAB. Good luck with your search.

I bought one off eBay after mine got a hairline crack. I paid $250 brand new for the OEM part. It comes unpainted. The Mopar Part # is YL23TZZAB. Good luck with your search.

And about how much was it to paint it? Just trying to get an idea.

My truck is in the body shop right now getting that done among a bunch of other things. I'm good friends with the guy and my family has been using him for years. I couldn't tell you exactly what he's charging me because he just gave me one price to do everything. Sorry about that :confused:

X2 Builders are fine; they usually ask top dollar for parts though.

You are better off going with a new part because a used one can do exactly what yours did. Buy right, buy once. Even if it costs a little more money.

You are better off going with a new part because a used one can do exactly what yours did. Buy, buy once. Even if it costs a little more money.

Hey, can't I just buy all new hardware for a used part and replace the old hardware? or how does the hardware work on these?

Hey, can't I just buy all new hardware for a used part and replace the old hardware? or how does the hardware work on these?

The hardware isn't the failing point. The studs that are molded onto the scoop are what fails.

The hardware isn't the failing point. The studs that are molded onto the scoop are what fails.

Gotta disagree. Had two customers find theirs in tact after they noticed theirs fly off. They were able to reuse the scoop after fresh paint and new retainers. Seems they slipped from those posts/studs. Regardless it sucks :(
Have also noticed a couple trucks that the scoop has slightly distorted. You can see it has warped from heat or something? Almost like a poor fitting aftermarket piece but I searched high and low and couldn't find an aftermarket scoop at all. I have a pic somewhere of one of them.

Gotta disagree. Had two customers find theirs in tact after they noticed theirs fly off. They were able to reuse the scoop after fresh paint and new retainers. Seems they slipped from those posts/studs. Regardless it sucks :(
Have also noticed a couple trucks that the scoop has slightly distorted. You can see it has warped from heat or something? Almost like a poor fitting aftermarket piece but I searched high and low and couldn't find an aftermarket scoop at all. I have a pic somewhere of one of them.

Everyone I have seen fail had broken studs.

Just had the scoop & the small grill replaced. Bought it from the dealership. They painted it & installed it. They had to order it from L.A. Cost $750.00. If you can, do it yourself or have a good insurance company. Good Luck.

X2 builders were great they gave me a great price on the parts I was looking for and there shipping was fast and they have different color trucks so you might be able to get it in red already painted and ready for you to mount it to your truck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back