WTB Colt Python Bright Stainless 6" bbl.

HOT RAM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After selling my bike and paying a few bills,I am looking to replace a prized revolver........... a COLT Python in bright polished stainless,sometimes called Ultimate Stainless or Silver Snake,with a 6" barrel.Will consider a 4".

They are harder to find than I thought ,except on GunBroker,where they are WAY overpriced !

HOT RAM said:
After selling my bike and paying a few bills,I am looking to replace a prized revolver........... a COLT Python in bright polished stainless,sometimes called Ultimate Stainless or Silver Snake,with a 6" barrel.Will consider a 4".

They are harder to find than I thought ,except on GunBroker,where they are WAY overpriced !

Dammit - why can't you be looking for a combat elite :p :p :p

Wifey said:
Dammit - why can't you be looking for a combat elite :p :p :p

I am looking for a .45 auto,but I fairly certain it will be a Les Baer Custom Carry with no front slide serrations.

e-mail me a few pics of it (smaller than the last ones/ dial-up sucks !!)
ya never know............I might re-consider

HOT RAM said:
I am looking for a .45 auto,but I fairly certain it will be a Les Baer Custom Carry with no front slide serrations.

e-mail me a few pics of it (smaller than the last ones/ dial-up sucks !!)
ya never know............I might re-consider

I will email you some smaller ones, I forgot you were still on dial up. ;)

yer gonna pay alot...

i know someone with a 1968, its a nice gun 6" barrell

I may just have what you are looking for...I have a Colt Python 6" but I havent looked at it in probably 10 yrs...fairly sure it is an Ultimate Stainless ....I will PM you a picture tonight..

HOT RAM said:
I MIGHT go as much as $1,000 or $1,200

a 68 model would be blue or nickel

its at my dads house, even though its my gun. I believe its nickel

TNVIPER said:
I may just have what you are looking for...I have a Colt Python 6" but I havent looked at it in probably 10 yrs...fairly sure it is an Ultimate Stainless ....I will PM you a picture tonight..

I will be looking for it :rock: :D :marchmellow: :congrats:

BurntRubber said:
its at my dads house, even though its my gun. I believe its nickel

Though I am fairly certain that it would probably never chip,crack,fade or peel,I am just really partial to stainless.Thanks anyway ! :rock:

HOT RAM said:
I will be looking for it :rock: :D :marchmellow: :congrats:

Dug it out of the cabinet....Colt Python SS...not bright though or ultimate..and it has a 4" barrell....This made me go through my collection and now I remember...I did have a Colt Ultimate polished SS 6" but traded it for another gun from my brother years ago....sorry..

HOT RAM said:
Though I am fairly certain that it would probably never chip,crack,fade or peel,I am just really partial to stainless.Thanks anyway ! :rock:
not for sale, i actually am having him bring it out to me.
he also houses my 308 winchester...I am partial to both.
the 308 took down an elk in montana from 275 yards;)

you might check Cabelas.com in the gun libary. If you have a cabelas near you the will ship from other stores

I have 1973 6" nickle one, but I don't intend to ever sell it. It's just to nice of a piece to ever sell.

Good luck in your search.

Bill.

If you want a great 45 and have the cash kimber is the route to go. If you want a 45 you gonna shot alot and can through in the mud and fire springfield XD tactical IMO.

Revolvers, Smith & wesson still number 1 with colt right on behind, revlovers are expensive now because most shops carry semi auto. What exactly are you wanting to buy they have great deals at GAT guns be me the have a website and they have great deals if you pay cash, and I think they might have a colt like the one your looking for.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back