WTF is burning?!?!?

THE CLUTCH!!!!!!!!! Mine did that on an incline, but I had just over 29k miles on it at the time. The stock clutch hung in there unil I was forced to upgrade. It did last me a long time considering the low mileage the OEM clutch gets around here with others. The only thing I don't like about the Centerforce is the noise produced while driving.

Last edited:
It's like saying "There's something wrong with this hammer. It always hurts when I hit my head with it."

I have to say this:motz:please excuse my phukkedupness.

Never, Never, Ever, Ever, hill-hold using your clutch, no matter what car you have. The clutch/flywheel assembly is subject to higher RPM, more surface contact, and limited cooling capacity compared to the brakes. Sliding the clutch on an incline is simply begging for an over heat. No clutch will survive that kind of abuse. I have relatives (mostly the women) that do this and it's not a pretty picture.

Look at my clutch here. Trust me, yours probably looks like that right now. My clutch was in that shape because the college dropout that 'discovered' he couldn't afford it surely put 5k on it without thinking about a proper break in. Now my highschool-dropout ass owns a house and the truck. I guess responsibility has many faces.:D

I was able to keep it from getting worse for the next 25k by never slipping it for any reason. Sure, I looked like a rev-surging douchebag in parking lots and spun the tires in intersections more than enough times, but I made it last. That fried plate never slipped on me. I bought the upgrade simply because money was available.

I have my new clutch in and love it. I have over 600mi on it and I'll stay in the break-in mindset until I hit 1k. I will pull and inspect it at 15K and 30K again because it is the Fidanza flywheel after all.

BTW, the Centerforce makes noise?

Last edited:
mine isn't a rc but thats any vehicle rocking with clutch isn't a good idea.

Apparently its the smell of money burning a hole in your pocket. If you keep slipping the clutch, you will be spending it sooner rather than later..

Long ago in a galaxy far far away Studebaker offered a "Hill Holder" option on all there manual trans cars. It was just a factory installed Line Loc with a Hold button on the dash. Cool Huh.

FATJACK said:
Long ago in a galaxy far far away Studebaker offered a "Hill Holder" option on all there manual trans cars. It was just a factory installed Line Loc with a Hold button on the dash. Cool Huh.

learned something today...

Us old SOB's know all kinds of useless shit. I'm going to be in Greeneville tomorrrow till Weds. at the Auto/RV Auction. if you see a lowered red R/C it will probably be me.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back