WWII letter to my dad

WAZZSUP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may seem odd to some on the site that I appreciate our military as much as I do. I did not serve, yet my 3 older brothers did. My dad was Air Force, enlisted the Monday after Pearl was hit. His parents had to sign for him. He wanted to fly but ended up being a side gunner on a B17G. Box A. Later he went to the U of Pittsburgh and came out as an officer. Retired as a Lt Coln. I have a letter from one of the guys that bailed out after being hit over Germany. All members of the flight that brought the wounded bird home received the DFC from the 8'th Air Corp. I spent the better part of six years trying to locate him...to no avail. I have attached the letter....it is well worth the read if you have the time. I posted this four years ago on the NFF site, but just wanted to share it again. So I guess when I thank you guy's today....I'm also thanking my dad and his buddies from so long ago.
For the new guys, most of my post don't have anything to do with our truck's but allot to do with the other side of life.

Attachments

• Page1.jpg
    Page1.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 301
  • Page2.jpg
    Page2.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 192
  • Page3.jpg
    Page3.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 171
  • Page4.jpg
    Page4.jpg