X METAL Experience

doneo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been several weeks since the Nationals and as everybody who attended there knows I drove my truck from Evansville Indiana to Hebron Ohio two days after she was completed. Including that trip and the last few weeks I've got 2000 miles on the new motor.....The job that Gary did on the motor is absolutely flawless! It looks fantastic and runs even better. We wound up re-building the entire bottom end with forged internals. Carillo Rods, Mahle Pistons. Balanced and blueprinted with a comp coupe cam, striker heads, Jesel roller rockers, XMetal throttle body, custome built XMetal fuel rails, and the list goes on and on. I hope Gary will jump on the thread and elaborate and correct me where I might not have been inaccurate. The thing I'm enjoying right now is the way the motor is breaking in and getting more powerful and fuller sounding in the exhaust note. Lets not forget the electric exhaust cutouts and the 50 other custom little one off details. It pulls hard and revs to redline incredibily fast. She runs cooler and by the seat of my pants feel is much faster and more linear than my previous build. I've attached the photos Gary sent me before they dropped the motor in, tomorrow I'll shoot some pics outside and video tape the exhaust note with the cut outs open. It is very impressive. Thanks to XMetal! Thanks to Gary and everybody at the shop for taking all my calls! Thank you for the 1000% satisfaction!

Attachments

• DSCF2286 (Medium).jpg
    DSCF2286 (Medium).jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 203
  • DSCF2287 (Medium).jpg
    DSCF2287 (Medium).jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCF2288 (Medium).jpg
    DSCF2288 (Medium).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 225
  • DSCF2289 (Medium).jpg
    DSCF2289 (Medium).jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
I have morning wood....and it's barely morning.:D :D :D
Sweeeeeeeeet. Gary rocks.

Once again, it was great meeting you all at the Nat's. Doneo, the truck is one of my personal favorites!:rock: Glad things are working out for you. Even though most of you know I don't do much modding, my senses tell me Gary is the "Real Deal", not only as a tech, but more important as a human being.(could have been the beer talking):p Tip of the hat to you Gary, and your X-Metal enterprises! I wish you much success :) PS Gary, how do you attach the anodized rocker panel covers? What can you see from the outside when the door is closed?

Last edited:
I have often thought about having work done there :) My issue is Gary has never stooped low enough to hear what I really want done on my truck :) One question Don.......who told you that Gary was a good guy...hmmmm, must have been a great buddy of your's. Final thought.....was the throttle body really worth it ? Couldn't you just use the stock POS on such a kick aSzzz motor. ........ when you painting all that bling black ?????

Very nice. So what kind of dyno numbers did she make????

Was this the truck that was shooting for 600 rwhp N/A?:dontknow:

Looks awesome.

Wait till you hear this beast with the cut outs open...when you hear it, you will agree, it is a sound to die for!

Never again will I agree that the 10 cyl engine cannot satisfy our lust for a heavy hitting loping sound...just wait! It is incredible...electric cut outs for me the next time I see Gary. If only to impress the high school kids...gotta have 'em!

Beautiful, but I still say that engine would be better off in my Viper.

Leme know when you want to swap them out.:aetsch: ;) :D

all i can say is, that is bad azz...would you take my stock engine and a 2004 honda crf250r in trade? lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back