X-metal Gen IV shifter

spdrcrj

Reaction score
Hey All,

I've had my shifter for one day and it's just not for me. God help me, I'm actually embarassed to sell it now that I was so eager and a pain in Boomer's ass to get it. I've had it in the truck for one day so it is still brand new. I know some people will tell me to give it time but I'm one of those people who likes something right away or doesn't. It is an amazing piece of art but I don't race my truck (unfortunately) to warrant the mod.

My embarassment is your gain, $515 shipped to the lower 48 via mony order or $530 via paypal and it goes out via Fed Ex the next day. For those who don't know that's $100 loss.

Jim

What didnt you like? I (and others) would appreciate your thoughts and feedback. Hard to shift, awkward to manuever?

Thanks!!

Most....well....all...of my driving is done slow, stop, and go. This shifter is ment to be "used". It is a bit notchy and the slight rotation (natural to this units operation, I'm sure) is just unnatrual to me. There are more cops per capita than anywhere I've ever been and there's a f*ckin stoplight ever 2 (sometimes 1) block. So the sloppy, yet easy, shifting of the Hurst might have to do until I move somewhere where I can use this truck on a track. By that time, I'll probably have something else. LOL Let me be clear, I am in no way, dissappointed in Boomer's product. This particular one just isn't for me.

Jim

Everyone needs to read the review section and PM me with any questions before purchasing products (that have had reviews on them)....it saves time and money :)

Depending on your driving style, there are a few differant shifters for ya! Hell, get both if you do both!! :D

RedSrt007 said:
Everyone needs to read the review section and PM me with any questions before purchasing products (that have had reviews on them)....it saves time and money :)
Point taken. Thanks Patrick.

spdrcrj said:
Most....well....all...of my driving is done slow, stop, and go. This shifter is ment to be "used". It is a bit notchy and the slight rotation (natural to this units operation, I'm sure) is just unnatrual to me. There are more cops per capita than anywhere I've ever been and there's a f*ckin stoplight ever 2 (sometimes 1) block. So the sloppy, yet easy, shifting of the Hurst might have to do until I move somewhere where I can use this truck on a track. By that time, I'll probably have something else. LOL Let me be clear, I am in no way, dissappointed in Boomer's product. This particular one just isn't for me.

Jim

Thanks for your input, it will help those of us still trying to figure out what we want to do. Me personally, I drive the truck mainly at the road and drag venues so hitting the shifts is most important. Occasionally I drive around my small town so awkwardness isnt all that important.

Thanks again.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Thanks for your input, it will help those of us still trying to figure out what we want to do. Me personally, I drive the truck mainly at the road and drag venues so hitting the shifts is most important. Occasionally I drive around my small town so awkwardness isnt all that important.

Thanks again.

Sounds like this is a good deal for you then. ;)

spdrcrj said:
Sounds like this is a good deal for you then. ;)

Dont tempt me. Its on my list of things to get. Like you, I'm afraid what to do with it if I dont like it.

Mines been in now for a few months, and I LOVE IT:D At first the notchiness was noticable, but with some miles and a trans fluid change it seems to have 'broken-in' abit. If it doesn't sell, change your fluid and put some miles on it. I used Red Lines MT-90,but in my car tried Royal Purples and I like that better. Noticed easier shifting right away with the Royal Purple. Oh and by the way.....I wouldn't sell my shifter for three times what I paid for it.:rock:

Wildman

I am still using my stock shifter. It took a little time and practice to get used to it, but now I never (knock on wood) miss 3rd any more. I did when I first raced it. But I just practiced. Now I like it fine, and I saved $600. Boomers shifter does look like a sweet piece though.

Wade

Madduc said:
Mines been in now for a few months, and I LOVE IT:D At first the notchiness was noticable, but with some miles and a trans fluid change it seems to have 'broken-in' abit. If it doesn't sell, change your fluid and put some miles on it. I used Red Lines MT-90,but in my car tried Royal Purples and I like that better. Noticed easier shifting right away with the Royal Purple. Oh and by the way.....I wouldn't sell my shifter for three times what I paid for it.:rock:

:dito:

There is less shifter arm rotation with breakin....regardless of shifter..Swapping out the trans fluid on the T-56 is a must.

Is there any pics of the shifter? Like 1 pic installed and another pic not installed??

Sorry, I didn't take any installed but here is one I just took. I removed it last night. It has about 10 miles and 24 hours on it.

6623100_0871.JPG

I GOT GARYS SHIFTER IT TAKES A LITTLE GETTIN USED TO BUT IF YOU WANT TO SLAM THROUGH THE GEARS IT IS THE SHIFTER TO HAVE.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back