X-Metal Throttle Body

:D
bigike said:
If i had the cheese i'd buy one, make the engine more efficent make more power.
we have 30 days no payments no interest! just put her on your plastic!:p :D

BOOMER said:
here are a stock TB and the X-Metal one. here is a post i made on the VCA about it.
we cnc it from military spec T-6 aluminum and we cnc the blade out of stainless steel, and everything is micro-polished for a mirror shine inside and out. when the machining operations are performed, the throttle body is completely fixtured and bolted down to replicate the way it will be attached to the intake manifold for a precise apeture bore and to maintain the center axis alignment for the throttle shaft.
We also incorporated 4 internal shaft bearings to hold tighter side to side tolerances and allow for a smoother throttle pull than stock.

We will have TB's for Gen2's in the very near future as well as the 2008 model.

Originally Posted by Nader
I am very interested. Can you explain where in the new design is the additional power created? The larger bore, smoother airflow etc.? Trust me I am not doubting your claims one bit. Prior to any performance part purchase I always want as much information about the product and how it works and the improvements over stock. While i understand the benefits of better tolerences and the benefits of the shaft bearing you dont speak much about how it creates the additional power.

good points. we tested other TB's over the years without much success in finder one that made more power without a trade off in other areas-like idle and throttle response. its easy to go too big, or not enough. one of the ways that we do make power with our TB is the machining process, it allows tighter tolerances around the blade area-(and the blade is also polished after be machined), for improved throttle response and great idle qualities. this and a carefully designed blade and bore size and shape allows for smoother transition for the airflow into the intake, whil keeping port velocity high.
the stock throttle body is a dual butterfly design. it has 2 round openings. this is fine for a massed produced unit, and an EPA concerned package but it is done with bean counter in mind and the fact that since the stock TB is cast, they dont have to worry about clearance issues, since having 2 blades, with a tapered bore allows for good throttle response but at the a lower cost. think of it as striker heads/ported heads VS stock heads. the stock heads are ok,(sorta) but with budget constraints what they are, they could be better. our TB is the same comparison.
i posted some pics here of what a stock unit looks like compared to ours. our unit isnt completely assembled in these photos, i just grabbed one for these shots here.

Bud take some of that throttle body money you are getting.....and buy yourself a new camera...:p . Those pics are fuzzy....:D

jrgnd said:
Bud take some of that throttle body money you are getting.....and buy yourself a new camera...:p . Those pics are fuzzy....:D
all right, you gotta help me. what kind of camera should i get. something simple to operate, but take killer pics. help a digitally challenged brother.

BOOMER said:
all right, you gotta help me. what kind of camera should i get. something simple to operate, but take killer pics. help a digitally challenged brother.

I will get back to you....

tb mod hp gains??

Guys, seems like last month I asked if anyone had some dynoes before and after tb mods. Several people stated they had completed some dynoes and there was no power gain. Does anyone recall this? Now is this a new improved thing or?? I wouldnt mind an extra 10hp or smoother response :) :dontknow:

Thanks guys,
Perry

Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > Performance Mods
Throttle Body hp gains

#1 06-17-2007, 07:52 AM
Speed Racer

Throttle Body hp gains

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering if anyone dynoed their throttle body mods (before/after)? I would love to see the hp gains/losses and brands used (Boomer?)

Perry

#2 06-17-2007, 07:57 AM
ViperTruck2933
VIPER POWERED

Joe at PBJ dyno'd a ported stock throttle body and there was no gain.

#3 06-17-2007, 09:22 AM
HOT RAM

While there may be no HP/Torque gains shown,it may still give better throttle resonse.Personally , I just can't see that much money for it though.

#4 06-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Nowwhat
VIPER POWERED

The RSI produced zero gains....on my truck....Vprpwr added the RSI and long tube headers on his paxton truck and got 8 rwhp from both mods....

#5 06-17-2007, 09:58 AM
RedSrt007
Administrator

I dyno'd before/after dyno @ DC and no gains...I was F/I

#6 06-17-2007, 10:17 AM
6pakattack
Almost Senior Member

Cant tell you anything about Porting the Throttle Body,but after taking mine off to put the New Intake on,I cleaned out what I thought was quite a bit of Crud from the lower half of the TB !!!While I was at it,I plugged the Vacuum Line on the underside of the intake and ran the valve cover lines to the JMB Catch Can,and if I'm not crazy (Slim Chance),the truck seems to shift at a higher point,and also seems to have a little more throttle response !!! I don't know,just an observation !!!

#7 06-17-2007, 11:16 AM
HOT RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6pakattack
Can't tell you anything about Porting the Throttle Body,but after taking mine off to put the New Intake on,I cleaned out what I thought was quite a bit of Crud from the lower half of the TB !!!While I was at it,I plugged the Vacuum Line on the underside of the intake and ran the valve cover lines to the JMB Catch Can,and if I'm not crazy (Slim Chance),the truck seems to shift at a higher point,and also seems to have a little more throttle response !!! I don't know,just an observation !!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.Very interesting.Keep us informed about this.

camera

BOOMER said:

Boomer, get a digital camera with a decent brand. Something with a larger number of megapixels. >megapixels = greater clarity. My Kodak has 8.0 megapixels and the clarity is really good. It's real easy to operate turn it on point autofocus click upload.

It's a Kodak EasyShare C875.

Hope this helps

Perry

Speed...none of this guys have Gary's Throttle body....

Gary, I own a D50 which was replaced by the D40....Some sample pics....

Attachments

• BackYardMay070001.JPG
    BackYardMay070001.JPG
    921.1 KB · Views: 32
  • BackYardMay070002.JPG
    BackYardMay070002.JPG
    909.8 KB · Views: 30
  • BackYardMay070026.JPG
    BackYardMay070026.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • BackYardMay070013.JPG
    BackYardMay070013.JPG
    937.7 KB · Views: 32
  • BackYardII00011.JPG
    BackYardII00011.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
  • BackYardII0008.JPG
    BackYardII0008.JPG
    874.7 KB · Views: 61
I offered to buy one of Gary's Throttle bodies and do an independent test on the engine and chassis dyno. Gary indicated he would send me one about two weeks ago and am just waiting for it to arrive. I told Gary I would follow up with him first before posting anything.

I must admit I am intrigued about this. With our work on the Vipers over the years we have seen good points and bad points to the throttle bodies. On the Gen 3 motor, we looked at the testing Ilmor Marine was doing for the Viper boat engines and saw some positives.

I would really like to test this new product and give it some unbiased feedback.

Boomer?

DC Performance said:
I offered to buy one of Gary's Throttle bodies and do an independent test on the engine and chassis dyno. Gary indicated he would send me one about two weeks ago and am just waiting for it to arrive. I told Gary I would follow up with him first before posting anything.

I must admit I am intrigued about this. With our work on the Vipers over the years we have seen good points and bad points to the throttle bodies. On the Gen 3 motor, we looked at the testing Ilmor Marine was doing for the Viper boat engines and saw some positives.

I would really like to test this new product and give it some unbiased feedback.

Boomer?

This would be awesome. I hope Gary goes for this. It would be nice for him to get independant confirmation of performance boost on his beautiful work.

tinygiants said:
This would be awesome. I hope Gary goes for this. It would be nice for him to get independant confirmation of performance boost on his beautiful work.
guys i appreciate the interest from Dan, i have nothing but Respect for Dan and the super crew at DC. every single throttle body we have sent out has nothing but great reviews. we have NEVER had a single person, say anything but positive after installing our TB. we have sold over 100 of them. look here and at the VCA, and everyone has always been pumped after the installing our TB. can we surpass everyones expectations, no. but does our TB work, and can we prove it? yes indeed.

thats is why we offer a money back gaurantee.
i dont know how many folks bought a performance product with that kind of back up.
i have been testing a designing a throttle body for the GEN 3 since 2004.
it has taken me to this point to get what works-everywhere, from idle to redline.
there arent many products that range between 300-600 that can prove they work.
i have the same Dynojet Dyno, that others have, and i have nothing to gain to play a numbers gain, especially when i offer a money back gaurentee.
every member here on this forum who has bought our TB, stinker, Sharpi, Begood, Wazzup, and many others all have nothing but positive feedback, and these are respected members of this forum, who call it like they see it.

Come on Gary send one to Dan so he can post the gains....if it makes the 13rwhp...then I have to come on here and eat a huge pot of humble pie and become a unpaid sales rep for the TB pimping the hell out of it every chance I get...what do you have to lose....?????

I have personally been bugging the shit our of Boomer for 2 years to make this TB, and I was one of the very first to get one. Do I like it? Yes. Is it worth the money to me? Yes. Since the only dyno pull my truck has ever seen was at Boomer's GTG which is over 500 miles away from here so I can't check exactly how much it gained. I plan on getting it dyno'd here soon, but 2 different dyno's, in 2 different states is not a very scientific compairson.

Bill.

The glorious TB arrived today Gary.... :eek: I stared as it gleamed coming out of the box. And as the sunlight glistened off its beautifully polished finish, just for an instant the whole neighborhood became quiet as the trumpets sounded and the forest animals bowed; and all was right with the world :dancing: .... Okay, I went a bit overboard. It was actually cloudy and rainy today, but thanks a bunch bro... Can anyone say, "GARAGE PROJECT!" ?????

if dan is offering to buy the tb and do an unbiased test ,i think it that would be great,hopefully this will happen

Nowwhat said:
Come on Gary send one to Dan so he can post the gains....if it makes the 13rwhp...then I have to come on here and eat a huge pot of humble pie and become a unpaid sales rep for the TB pimping the hell out of it every chance I get...what do you have to lose....?????
I think BOOMER was just called out...

I can tell you I have been waiting for someone to verify his claims, and this would make the decision to buy one easy...

i got mine for father's day from the best wife a man could ask for. im also having dan do a before and after dyno down here in georgia but it will be after be puts the roe on. but i figure forced or not hp is hp so we will see in a couple of weeks. from the looks of it i dont see how it can do nuthin but help. big improvement over stock imho. awesome work boomer.

eddie102870 said:
i got mine for father's day from the best wife a man could ask for. im also having dan do a before and after dyno down here in georgia but it will be after be puts the roe on. but i figure forced or not hp is hp so we will see in a couple of weeks. from the looks of it i dont see how it can do nuthin but help. big improvement over stock imho. awesome work boomer.
It was stated to make double on a FI application...

i think i can live with that....lol stinker told me he could tell it more on joannes truck than his which i dont doubt. it will be hard for me to tell. thats why im having him dyno it so it will be on paper.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back